Virtual Airline Skin

Daniel Gallagher

The virtual airline that I was previously closed down and I was thinking about starting it up again using phpVMS instead of vafs. However, i don't know much about it and was wondering if someone would be able to offer me suggestions of websites that design skins for cheap. I do know that there are some free skins on the forums but they aren't customised to the virtual airline and are a bit of a hassle to edit. If anyone would like to give me a link i would appreciate it.

Thanks,

Daniel

• Like 2

Hi, Daniel!

I'm new here myself, so I won't be able to offer up a lot of advice. The phpVMS system looks a little intimidating at first on the back end, but I found that once I got used to it, I was making progress faster than if I were using a standard site template and maybe VAFS or VA Base. I'm fortunate enough to have my hands on Adobe's CS5 package, so Dreamweaver makes everything so smooth, but if you're at least a little bit familiar with site coding, you'll grow to like phpVMS a lot.

I'm not trying to misdirect your post or lead everyone off onto a different topic, but instead to tell you that the program is a lot of fun to play around with, and there are a great group of guys here on the forums that will put up with endless requests for assistance, if you find that you need it. And you probably will. I'm just trying to encourage you to give it a go before you pass the buck off to someone else. Or, maybe a few bucks, I don't know what your budget is! :)

Good luck in your endeavor, and let everyone know how progress goes for you! I think the people around here like to let others know they are doing a good job ;)

/edit - I don't use any of the skins, not that I don't like them or anything, but I think it's easier to customize the default Crystal skin to your liking, thus giving your VA a distinctive look versus a similar look to the VA next door.

yeah, i have master collection cs5 as well... but i'm not too familiar with coding so i have no idea how or where to start to edit the website. that's why i think it would be easier to ask someone else to do it. not only that, but then your website looks completely different to anyone else's because the skin has been custom made for you and it's not based on a template that anyone can download.

• Like 2

/edit - I don't use any of the skins, not that I don't like them or anything, but I think it's easier to customize the default Crystal skin to your liking, thus giving your VA a distinctive look versus a similar look to the VA next door.

I must admit I started out using the "obsess Blue skin" which tbh can only be modified so many times before every site that uses it kinda looks the same.

Problem with creating a "bespoke" design is the amount of editing required of all templates you need to use :) Can be scary at first but a crash course in CSS and as your using CS5 code hinting is also available to assist in coding syntax.

yeah i know, i just don't feel like i can spare enough time to try and code the website... it would be much easier if i was to ask someone to make if for me and i just input the pages and info. I have had some quotes from some people, i am still looking though, to see if i can get one any cheaper

• Like 1

He has done some of the best Modules and his work is great!

Uhhhhh Yeah. What amcpilot said. I think you might have only looked at his modules site. You need to have a peak at some of the sites he has built for others as well as his own such as Virtual ACA. ;)

Simpilot is top notch in what he does. He does quality work that is pretty much second to none.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...