2nd Attack

RogerB

Kesuk was attacked again yesterday evening by the same code. I talked to a gentleman yesterday and he thinks the registration and contact forms could possibly have vulnerabilities, what do you guys think. Would anyone be interested in helping me check my site? I really could use it.

Kesuk was attacked again yesterday evening by the same code. I talked to a gentleman yesterday and he thinks the registration and contact forms could possibly have vulnerabilities, what do you guys think. Would anyone be interested in helping me check my site? I really could use it.

Damn, dont thse people have better things to do in their lifes?

• Moderators

I found the problem directory, it was called attachments, this directory had code that was removing protection on my php files.

Ok, Roger, you know everyone can access your indexing because I checked your indexing is still enabled., so use that .htaccess file that i gave you and That will black out the indexings and it might stop the problems.

That was a specific attack on E107 world wide actually, they found a hole in the contact form.

I did want to say:

Despite all our differences and personality clashes, we as the PHPvms community stuck together and helped one another out, I think that is great and important to remember. Thanks guys. ;)

• Moderators

That was a specific attack on E107 world wide actually, they found a hole in the contact form.

I did want to say:

Despite all our differences and personality clashes, we as the PHPvms community stuck together and helped one another out, I think that is great and important to remember. Thanks guys. ;)

Ahh Ok, I'm cleared up now.

We are all a team here at phpVMS! We help out each other! :)

• Administrators

So it was an e107 vulnerability?

I have to review some of that registration code, though I have before, but I'm always a little paranoid.

The best solution is to use prepared statements, however, not everyone is using mysqli. I'll have to see if there is some other way around it, but I think it would be difficult this stage in the game.

FsPaint shop was hacked a few months ago, I used E107 then, they got in threw the contact form.

I just switched forums, deleted the database and directory for the old.

Kesuk, I have no idea but it was hacked twice.. My host told if the contact and registration pages aren't done correctly it can be a problem.