SIDE MENU Brilliance Skin

mynameiskhan

Man, that is a LOT of work to do. I did it on my test site and I ended up editing every single tpl file there was and adding them all to the Brilliance skin. I think in all, I edited like between 80 and 100 tpl files so far.

A quick search on the forums would have revealed that fact that I tried the trick on here to hide the side bar, but it did not work out so well. Do a quick search for hiding the sidearea.

My fix so far is the only one that worked. Be prepared to do about 5 or more hours of work to get it right.

Well, the side bar is nice to have on the front page, but as for the rest of the site, it really gets in the way when adding features. I played hell with mine, but all in all it turned out pretty dam sweet. Then I added a nice drop down menu to it too.

But yeah, the side bar is a pain in the arse for sure.

Dear All i just need litlle help from you guys i dont want to show side menu of brilliance skin on rest of the pages instead of home page so what should i do now so it wont show on other pages.

67389003.png

But to answer your question, I actually copied the main area css and renamed the copy to mainarea2. On EVERY tpl file I had to add a mainarea2 div tag and two closing div tags. Took a really long time to do.

Also when I copied the mainarea class I removed the side bar image and widend up the enitre main area 2 to fill 100% of the content. It worked out smooth, but man was my girlfriend mad as hell at the time spent making it work. ;)

Thank you so much for your kind reply guys if it was hell to do then i should not change it because it was pretty nice looking thing on the website.

Guys i have one more question for you if you know how to do it i have implemented Phpvms on my running VA so i dont want to assign pilot Ids from starting i want to assign the IDS which my pilots Already have from Previous Design or system so please help me and most important how can i add pilots manually VIA phpmyadmin or SQL query in there any way to add pilots in bulk and how can i assign them the same pilot IDs as before.

Thanks for help in advance

Regards

Irfan khan

DHR Virtual Airblue

I have never personally tried to do any of that so I will leave it up to another user to help out on that one. Hope it all works out good for you. phpVMS is sure fun to mess around with. The rewards for all are a great website and fun for all who use it!

• Moderators

Right, You want to import users from your existing setup, what is the format, it is compatible with vms, ie letter letter letter number number number, example, abc 123

The minimum things you would need to provide with the import is pilot id, email, passwords are encrypted so the easiest way to handle that would be for pilots to hit the forgot password link and set their own based on your imported email data.

Other fields to import are optional but would be recommended.

Another function to handle with the import would be the pilots group, if i remember off the top of my head its done on the primary key from the pilots table.

The export and import is fairly easy to do, just do one at a time and see what happens, if they can reset the password / login, im not really sure what other functions are provided when a user registers behind the scenes, you could take a look in to code in the modules folder just to see exactly what happens and if there are any major show stoppers and work through any problems that come up.

Thanks mark1million i already know you would be come to help first of all how could i import or export the pilots.

for example if i import all of my pilots from previous system then how could i re import them in phpvms.

this is the SQL structure of my previous system.

and this is phpvms structure

i hope you understand.......

• Moderators

I dont have the time to look in to this fully but have a look at the way phpvms registers users that will give you some ideas.

Have you tried importing one user and assigning the user group and seeing what happens?

If that works you can do it that way.

How many pilots are you wanting to import?

Nice to see that you copied that sidebar on the right from my site, its the exact layout as mine but just green instead of black on the top ;)

In fact you have a folder called: fiv-update, which was the name of my old template's folder...

You even have a (broken) image under the communities table leading back to my teamspeak 3 server man!

(you even have the same navigation bar as this site: http://www.flyaka.com/ )

yes james i have taken the whole idea from your site but if you want me to change all the files i am ready to do it as you have the same template so i visited your website and taken the code from there for my website i am REALLY SORRY if i Hurt you in this case i have tried many drop down menus but couldn't succeeded i am very very sorry i apologies here for all my action.i have not done it intentionally to copy paste material from your website i hope you understand.

So SORRY AGAIN Mate.

• Moderators

Nice to see that you copied that sidebar on the right from my site, its the exact layout as mine but just green instead of black on the top ;)

In fact you have a folder called: fiv-update, which was the name of my old template's folder...

You even have a (broken) image under the communities table leading back to my teamspeak 3 server man!

(you even have the same navigation bar as this site: http://www.flyaka.com/ )

Ha thought you were talking to me there ;)

Was just about to launch a barrel of sh*t your way :lol:

Thats what happens when people cant be bothered to learn, they steal your knowledge, or should i say borrow it :)

(note to self, don't read this forum when you have had a few to drink lol.....)

Mark i already apologized here so please don't say that i am a learner i asked for help first i have tried many times with navigation bar but it was not working so i saw james website have one working nav panel so i copied the code from internet explorer to my website but i know it was wrong if am feeling guilty why should i post a screen shot of my website to be caught by myself WOW a thief rob a bank and day after robing place a banner on a robing bank wall that i have robed a bank you mean to say that.think first and speak i was a reputed man here i have never done these things so i am apologizing here with james.

Ha thought you were talking to me there ;)

Was just about to launch a barrel of sh*t your way :lol:

Thats what happens when people cant be bothered to learn, they steal your knowledge, or should i say borrow it :)

(note to self, don't read this forum when you have had a few to drink lol.....)

@Mark, Looks like I escaped this time :P

@Irfan khan, when you copied that sidebar from my site, could you at least have being bothered switching it around abit and get remove my teamspeak link from it? I spent ages making that sidebar to work when I first made it and having it "taken" from me really pi*ses me off.

James i know how was you feeling :( so sorry brother i tried many things to change that menu and to change the Nav bar but at the end i failed to do so have many errors couldn't working for me james if you wanted me to remove it just tell me to remove it or if you can help me to make another one for my website i can also do one thing here james if you guide me through can i take ObessBlue skin Side bar menu is that will work with this template or not or if you want i can put copyright@ James anything for you but dont feel bad please for me it was not done intentionally SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY :( ............

James i know how was you feeling :( so sorry brother i tried many things to change that menu and to change the Nav bar but at the end i failed to do so have many errors couldn't working for me james if you wanted me to remove it just tell me to remove it or if you can help me to make another one for my website i can also do one thing here james if you guide me through can i take ObessBlue skin Side bar menu is that will work with this template or not or if you want i can put copyright@ James anything for you but dont feel bad please for me it was not done intentionally SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY SORRY :( ............

'since there is nothing i can do to stop you from using it dry.gif at least dont use the exact layout as mine..mellow.gif