Training

BBuchanan

I post this to everyone, especially virtual airline operators (I'm not asking to company secrets):

What method is used for training? Do you have documentation with flights? Or is there some hidden training secret that no one's supposed to know?

Also, related to training:

Is there a module or feature that can track training ops? Like a group inside of phpvms specifically for training?

I don't want to make a new thread for this:

Is it possible to strip phpvms down to just the code? No skin, just plain simple files to include into a website? Example:

create a website that calls the functions of phpvms?

I post this to everyone, especially virtual airline operators (I'm not asking to company secrets):

What method is used for training? Do you have documentation with flights? Or is there some hidden training secret that no one's supposed to know?

Personally, I started up a training department where when pilots join, they take a basic exam, if they pass, they are permitted to begin flying, if they don't they are sent to the training department to get "remedial training" if you will. As with the documentation of flights, my hub managers check the log and make sure there was no huge mistakes made.

Also, related to training:

Is there a module or feature that can track training ops? Like a group inside of phpvms specifically for training?

Im not 100% sure what you mean, like a record book for when you train pilots?

As for the website stuff, thats not a good question for me i'm not all that great at websites.

• 2 weeks later...

With my airline i make it manatory for all pilots to read my Operations Hand Guide Which basically has all of the information required.

Firstly I Start of with

Quantum's Aim

Which has our mission and what we aim to do. Helps Motivate Pilots

Enrolment

Just some stuff about Enrolment

At Quantum Cargo we warmly welcome pilots of all experience level

and backgrounds, to which all have equal chance of application

success. But the following are required for a successful application;

Applicants must be at least 13 Years of Age or Older.

Applicants must commit to fly 1 Flight Schedule Loop per month

Other Stuff like Hub Transfers and LOA

Flights

I Then go on to talk about how things are done like how to fly and how to book flights and some basic flight law.

I Don't have a Training Department as Such

I monitor the way pilots fly from their PIREPS

If there is something I do not like a will tell them to not do it like, Pausing, Overspeeding for a short time

If I see that the pilot is doing more dangerous things like, Overspeeding for ages, Landing at a rate of more that -500fpm, Stalling, Landing at the wrong airport I will put them on a moderation period where i monitor every flight they do I also check they do know how to fly and I have a better look at their record like Vatsim flights if possible.

If they Continue They get the boot.

Also to say i do not do entry exams because they are not in proper conditions so I can not know if they cheat.

If pilots don't know how to do things i have several experienced pilots and friends that are on Teamspeak to help them, we also have a forum for help.