Prevent known spammers

Tom

Hi,

I have copied it except for this part

8 hours ago, shakamonkey88 said:

//Google reCaptcha //updated to Google noCaptcha 1/15 $resp = null; $reCaptcha = new ReCaptcha(RECAPTCHA_PRIVATE_KEY); // Was there a reCAPTCHA response? if ($_POST["g-recaptcha-response"]) { $resp = $reCaptcha->verifyResponse( $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"], $_POST["g-recaptcha-response"] ); } //check if reCaptcha response was valid if ($resp == null) { $error = true; $this->set('captcha_error', 'reCaptcha Validation Error'); } //end Google reCaptcha

that gave an error 🙂

I then tried to register with an E-mail adres that was used for the spam and it still just register despite the outcome was if you put the url in another browser

<response success="true"> <type>email</type> <appears>yes</appears> <lastseen>2019-11-28 03:26:30</lastseen> <frequency>1</frequency> <type>ip</type> <appears>no</appears> <frequency>0</frequency> </response>

So I am a little lost now 🙄

Regards,

Cor

• 7 months later...

This has yet to catch someone, however Stop Forum Spam also produce a list, https://www.stopforumspam.com/downloads.

I grabbed the ip4 and ip6 180 day version and uploaded them to my deny list. (All 330,000.) 

I checked my logs and I can see where the BOTs have been knocking on my door at a rate of a few dozen times per minute and denied entry. 

A few other things I considered. Checking the firstname and lastname for spaces or a url , I am just not sure how to write that into the registration.php module. 

I guess this nuclear option of just ban a boat load of IP addresses will work for now at least until phpvms7 is ready.

On 7/31/2020 at 8:44 PM, Cor said:

A lot of registrations is done by automatic scripts and location is always Afghanistan.

Is there a code that checks the location and if this is Afghanistan the registration

will be blocked.

Regards,

Cor

I think Afghanistan is registred alot because its the default country on registration.

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, flyalaska said:

I think Afghanistan is registred alot because its the default country on registration.

BINGO!!!

Look in your server logs and find the IP addresses behind these registrations - and if you choose, block them.

7 hours ago, ProAvia said:

BINGO!!!

Look in your server logs and find the IP addresses behind these registrations - and if you choose, block them.

That is a solution if you have 1 a week orso, but if you have around 20 till 40 a week, you get a little bit tired of it and

I am looking for a way that if people "choosing" Afghanistan that it will be treated as spam.

I already blocked a range of IP addresses it getting ridiculous