Email for Pilot Removal?

freshJet

NOTE: I apologise for the amount of topics I'm posting, it'll stop once my issues are resolved :)

I was scanning through core/templates for an 'email_removed.tpl' or something, but noticed there is no notification for removing a pilot. So, as I'm about to remove some, does anyone know how I could create one? I could do the email bit fine (creating the tpl and editing etc), but what triggers the emails to be sent? I'd need the code for that, and where it goes...

Thanks,

Iain.

• Administrators

It depends on what you are doing exactly, when you say remove, do you mean you are making the pilot inactive, or are you deleteing the pilot from the va completely.

If you are just making them inactive you could just use the automated system built in and set it up in your config file for the ammount of days you want before they are auto "retired". That automatically sends out the email_pilot_retired.tpl to the pilot when it happens.

If you are deleteing them completely you will have to build an even into the delete pilot function in PilotAdmin.php and then I would build a standalone module to listen for the event and send the email. You will have to watch the PilotAdmin file and update it as bneeded as it will be overwritten in a phpVMS update.

First of all Hi my name is Ahmad Al Sheikh From dubai,UAE planning to open new Emirates Virtual now its just in the Testing Phase on my Local Computer.

Now i have searched the forums before posting it here i just wanted to know that when we change the pilot Pilot Status from Admin Center to inactive do it send an auto generated email to pilots or we have to setup anything for this function i have also seen other status functions Like Suspended,Inactive,Blocked so for these options also i wanted to set an auto email to be sent to pilots when i change their status.

Can anyone guide me or explain me.

Thanks in advance

Ahmad Al Sheikh