Bird Virtual Launches A320! Delivery flight on 2nd June 2011

9 members have voted

1. 1. How is the livery?

2. 2. How is the Bird VA Website

• Excellent
    • Good
    • Terrible

Not sure if you want comments on your website too, but you have asked people's opinions of it, in the polls. So I'd like to offer my thoughts on it if I may?

You have some serious styling issues with the website. Firstly and most seriously, the colour scheme. On the recent flights board, you have used light orange text on a white background, making the text virtually unreadable. You have used the same colour scheme (light orange text on white background) on a few other pages too. Make text hard to read on a website, and people will not bother trying. It's a massive turn off for website visitors. There are a few articles on colour choice for websites here:

http://www.allwebdesignresources.com/webdesignblogs/graphics/webdesigncolorcombinationsguide/

http://www.forbetterdesigns.com/2009/10/03/the-worst-color-schemes-you-can-choose-for-the-articles-in-your-web-site/

There are also some other styling issues, a couple of the most obvious were these I noticed:

review1.JPG

When you click on the tabs for the search options, the text disappears and a scrollbar appears in it's place.

review2.JPG

You haven't resized the ACARS map, so part of it now sits behind the side bar. It doesn't look good for one, and for two, you have the map options inaccessible. You can resize the map in the /core/local.config.php file, as shown here:

# Google Map Options

Config::Set('MAP_WIDTH', '680px');

Config::Set('MAP_HEIGHT', '480px');

You just need to set the dimensions that work for your site. There are some other issues, such as the amount of information you are trying to cram into the home page, some dead links, and the forum needs styling to match the theme of the main site.

I hope you don't mind me giving my opinions, I'm not trying to pull your site down or make fun of it etc. I think that seeing as you asked people's opinions, honesty is the best policy. :)

• Like 1

Not sure if you want comments on your website too, but you have asked people's opinions of it, in the polls. So I'd like to offer my thoughts on it if I may?

You have some serious styling issues with the website. Firstly and most seriously, the colour scheme. On the recent flights board, you have used light orange text on a white background, making the text virtually unreadable. You have used the same colour scheme (light orange text on white background) on a few other pages too. Make text hard to read on a website, and people will not bother trying. It's a massive turn off for website visitors. There are a few articles on colour choice for websites here:

http://www.allwebdesignresources.com/webdesignblogs/graphics/webdesigncolorcombinationsguide/

http://www.forbetterdesigns.com/2009/10/03/the-worst-color-schemes-you-can-choose-for-the-articles-in-your-web-site/

There are also some other styling issues, a couple of the most obvious were these I noticed:

review1.JPG

When you click on the tabs for the search options, the text disappears and a scrollbar appears in it's place.

review2.JPG

You haven't resized the ACARS map, so part of it now sits behind the side bar. It doesn't look good for one, and for two, you have the map options inaccessible. You can resize the map in the /core/local.config.php file, as shown here:

# Google Map Options

Config::Set('MAP_WIDTH', '680px');

Config::Set('MAP_HEIGHT', '480px');

You just need to set the dimensions that work for your site. There are some other issues, such as the amount of information you are trying to cram into the home page, some dead links, and the forum needs styling to match the theme of the main site.

I hope you don't mind me giving my opinions, I'm not trying to pull your site down or make fun of it etc. I think that seeing as you asked people's opinions, honesty is the best policy. :)

Thanks Staurt for your opinion.

Regarding the error in schedules i don't see something what you should on your screenshot because this is what i can see

1.jpg

Regarding the flight map i will re size it right away.

Anyways thanks for your opinion and don't worry i didn't mind it :)