Multiple Aircraft Types Assigned to One Route

ProAvia

• Administrators

Our pilots can fly ANY aircraft in our inventory, regardless of pilot rank - but we want to restrict aircraft to specific routes. We have aircraft assigned to specific categories, and assign one or more categories to a specific flight number. This allows our pilots to fly a range of aircraft available for a given route. Ideally, having the aircraft names and/or aircraft category show in the schedule and having a drop down box listing only those aircraft available for a specific flight on the 'File a Flight Report' page is what we are after.

Is it possible to assign multiple aircraft types to a given route? For example: Route - KPHX-KDEN, Route number 740, Aircraft - B738, A320, B757.

If it is possible, is there a module yet - or exactly how would one go about writing this module? Or, can any existing module(s) be added to/adapted for our purposes?

Thanks in advance for any help and direction you can provide!

Gene

Hi Austin

Thanks for the response! I'm quite new to phpVMS, exactly where is the 'Delete Multiple Routes' box?

Gene

Hi i just had a go on my PHPVMS Admin panel I added two different aircraft created one schedule and then tried to add the same schedule but with a different aircraft. I did not find a check box with "Delete Multiple Routes" . I will do some more digging and get back to you soon (:

Hi i just had a go on my PHPVMS Admin panel I added two different aircraft created one schedule and then tried to add the same schedule but with a different aircraft. I did not find a check box with "Delete Multiple Routes" . I will do some more digging and get back to you soon (:

No answer yet? :( I'm interresting about it too...

SVK0001.png

• 3 years later...

This option would be great with the aircraft and selection boxes, similar to day select boxes.

Someone could create the route and check say B737, B757, A320 as viable assets to be used on this route.

This would be so much easier than creating multiples of the same route for different frames.

I didn't even know multiples of the same route was possible.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 years later...