People do not understand. Module removed.

dimitris

Hello all!

Today I finished my Airport Information Pages module. It is a complete re-make from Adamm's version.

It is showing all the airports from the database and total deps/arrs from airport.Also it includes a Google Earth map to view the airport.

Demo: AIP (Airport Information Pages)

Things to do for next versions:

Install:

1)Download the attached package.

2)Unzip the package and place the files as structured in your phpVMS installation.

To view all airport use this:

www.yoursite.com/index.php/aip

To view an airport by ICAO use this:

www.yoursite.com/index.php/aip/info/LGAV

AIPS are released under the following license:

Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share (CCANCS) Alike 3.0 Unported License

Thanks and Enjoy!

That's a bit cheeky, seeing as I've had this on my site for the past few days, and the layout and wording looks suspiciously similar too! :angry: In my server logs, I've had over 200 page views from a single Greek domain, it wouldn't be you would it?

ppp-94-68-151-124.home.otenet.gr 248 347 1.44 MB 18 Jun 2011 - 19:33

If you are going to release something as your own, at least have the decency to make sure the work is your own. I am going to be taking advice on whether this is breach of copyright too.

http://execair.org/index.php/airports

• Like 1

• Moderators

That's a bit cheeky, seeing as I've had this on my site for the past few days, and the layout and wording looks suspiciously similar too! :angry: In my server logs, I've had over 200 page views from a single Greek domain, it wouldn't be you would it?

ppp-94-68-151-124.home.otenet.gr 248 347 1.44 MB 18 Jun 2011 - 19:33

If you are going to release something as your own, at least have the decency to make sure the work is your own. I am going to be taking advice on whether this is breach of copyright too.

http://execair.org/index.php/airports

Wait a second, is this your module or what?

Look at the codes and see if they are the same, then if it is, then I'll delete this module ASAP from the dev site.

Wait a second, is this your module or what?

Look at the codes and see if they are the same, then if it is, then I'll delete this module ASAP from the dev site.

He has written his own php for the functionality (I think), but he has basically ripped the idea, and layout from my unreleased module. Check for yourself, they are exactly the same, but with different styling. There is enough in my mind to say that he has been copying HTML from my site. He's also mentioned adding all the functionality that is already included with my module. I'm going to examine my server logs more closely, and if I find he has been paying close attention to the airport pages, I will definitely be taking action. I don't mind sharing my ideas, but when someone else bundles them up as their own I am peeved!

• Like 1

Hi stuart!

Yes it is true, I saw that on your site. And ta-da I took the idea to make it because nobody released the same before. For the log now, yes it is true, I have otenet as my connection but I promise I didn't tried to steal any files from your site. Take a look at my files and you will see that it is a beginner's job, I do not even try to put my job next to advanced users job.

• Moderators

@Vanser

I didn't stole the design! I did it from scratch. (To be sure next time I will take video of my screen to prove it.)

Alright, I believe you......

Edit.... Staurt stated it.

NOT ANYMORE!

I don't!! The layout is exactly the same for the tables. Even the wording is the same. How can he claim to have written the module when he has clearly abused copyright in doing so. I will be taking this further, I have enough evidence for me to make these accusations, and it's all there for you to see.

EDIT: To clarify, the airport table page was not my own work, and I simply removed some columns from it. I then added a new module and tpl file for the airport info page, and it's this that he has ripped off and claimed to be his own. There was no mention that he saw it on my site, and he tried to pass it off as his own creation.

I wouldn't mind but he HAS ripped the html layout, and not even bothered trying to change it in any way.

• Like 1