Xacars

Bluemax

Gents, quick question. We have a couple people who are not able to use Kacars or or custom Kacars on their system anymore, so their using the Xacars and its fine except when they file their pireps the aircraft & log data are missing. Yes, they did download and install the config file from the site.

i belive xacars doesnt provide an log and they need to book flights

joeri, thanks....I was afraid of that. We have two or three members one being my right hand man. Their systems will no longer except Kacars or our custom Kacars. Even after they uninstalled and deleted all remnant folders they are not even able to reinstall. All kinds of error messages never seen anything like this. Haven't been able to locate anything in the registry that could cause these errors. The fact they can't even run the install file without an error just blows my mind. Thought it was a windows installer problem, but it is only Kacars that is the issue. Jeff was going to review the files on my server for both sites but I have not heard from him since providing him with the site info. Don't know if he ever got there.

• Moderators

he will get there its a bussy man

in the past i also had an problem with the installer it was a problem wit hthe windows installer on my computer

solution for this just ask a pilot with a working version zo just zip up the file and put it in the program filles that did the job for me

• Like 1

Guest lorathon

joeri, thanks....I was afraid of that. We have two or three members one being my right hand man. Their systems will no longer except Kacars or our custom Kacars. Even after they uninstalled and deleted all remnant folders they are not even able to reinstall. All kinds of error messages never seen anything like this. Haven't been able to locate anything in the registry that could cause these errors. The fact they can't even run the install file without an error just blows my mind. Thought it was a windows installer problem, but it is only Kacars that is the issue. Jeff was going to review the files on my server for both sites but I have not heard from him since providing him with the site info. Don't know if he ever got there.

Follow this thread.

http://forum.phpvms.net/topic/5471-custom-kacars-error/

Hopefully the .NET 4.0 support may help the situation. I will keep you informed. Sorry for the delay it has been a hectic month.

he will get there its a bussy man

in the past i also had an problem with the installer it was a problem wit hthe windows installer on my computer

solution for this just ask a pilot with a working version zo just zip up the file and put it in the program filles that did the job for me

joeri, I did explain this could be a windows installer issue, why it just effects our custom Kacars and Kacars_free makes it tough to isolate? Xacars, has no issue but its worthless for phpvms.

Jeff, I know your very busy, this is why I didn't follow up. I have deleted our custom Kacars from the new site although I and most of my crew were able to use the custom cars for both sites, I just wanted to eliminate possible problems.

Joeri, I have an unrealated question. On the TNT site, awards are displayed in horizontal rows. I have seen the code for this somewhere in the forums, but for the life of me I can't find it. And for some reason, on our new site we had the awards show as images just as they do on the profile page. Some how I changed something, don't know what caused them to revert back to text. Can you tell me just which .TPL this is so I can steal it from my main site which is working. Both sites use the obsessblue skin.

Last question....tried to send the pirep data for the first time from the new site got a failed to send error. Does this have anything to do with having and account from my main site already and not able to setup a new account for the new site which is on a seperate server. I see no way to register multiple accounts using my same email address. No pireps or data is being sent to VA central from the new site and as I said, I get errors if I try it from the admin panel.