SMFRegister 2.0

simpilot

Great script - works as published.

I'd like to have it only register a user upon the acceptance of their registration though, not as soon as they register. I'm digging through the site files to figure out how to do this, but if there's a quick answer that someone would like to share, I'm all ears. ;-)

• 4 weeks later...

As with many other addons around here, I don't think Nabeel has made any hooks to catch an event only after it is accepted. This has been an issue with phpBB auto register and a few other scripts.

On another note, I would love to figure out that API thing to log people in automatically to the forum once logged on to phpVMS. I have looked at it a few times and can't make heads or tails of it.

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi David,

I have noticed an issue with this. I have a subdomain on which I use the same skin, and it is connected to the same database. However, when users register on the subdomain, they are not registered with SMF. Any workaround to this? Perhaps it may be an issue on my side, but everything works on the main domain.

• 6 months later...

This module does not have any template file cause it is not accessible to your pilots. It just works in the background and registers, the pilots who register on your phpVMS website, to your SMF forum too.

Oh, nice thanks. Any special setting on the forum to get this works? I mean something special for example in SMF regustration process settings or something like this.

• Moderators

- Your smf database must reside in the same datbase as your phpVMS install and use the standard "smf_" prefix.

- I have built this to work with smf forum version 2.0, it has not been tested with any other version.

- The module will register a new user in the forum when a new pilot registers with the VA.

the format for registration into the forum is:

user: John Smith ABC1234

pass: same as they used to register on the main site.

Only the above. There is no need to set anything on your forum settings although i would suggest to disable the registrations on your forum in order to avoid any confusion.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I changed mine to the following format.

Username: ABC1234

Display Name: John Smith ABC1234

Open SMFRegisterData.class.php

Change line 18 from

$username = $eventinfo[2]['firstname'].' '.$eventinfo[2]['lastname'].' '.$pid;

to

$username = $pid;

Insert this after line 18

$name = $eventinfo[2][firstname].' '.$eventinfo[2][lastname].' '.$pid;

Change line 44 from

'$username',

to

'$name',

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This module was made for a very old version of SMF. Are we even sure it ever worked on anything greater than version 2.0 SMF? I used it for a good while but frankly speaking, i couldn't get the swing of SMF forums permissions. I am curious what versions of SMF people have this working on. Right now I have a phpBB3 forum and do all manual registrations.