Website Design and Development

Fujiwhara

Greetings!

I just finished a professional, custom VMS Website and thought I would stop in on the forums to say hello. I am not sure if the owner is ready to announce the website so I will not spoil it for him but will hopefully release the url to the new site in the coming days. If any of you are looking for a VMS professionally designed, please feel free to contact me. Pricing would be about $500 - $750 depending on what is involved.

"If you can dream it, we can build it."

Happy flying!

Respectfully,

Chris Gordon

Fujiwhara, Inc. Website Design and Development

support@fujiwhara.com

• Like 2

I don't think you understand this market. At all. I haven't taken that much in total for all the skins I've done and I've done a fair few...

+ Your site makes me ill FYI, and having every state in the US as a link at the bottom of the page is not how to do SEO properly.

I develop websites for a living too and $750 for a skin is expensive, although I fully understand that you need to make a profit. Unfortunately this is a hobby market and the rich ones who can afford this type of custom site are few and far between. Now if it included some custom coding with modules not available elsewhere it would be closer to being worth something towards that--but for just a skin it most certainly is not.

Certainly when these days we are getting massively undercut by the likes of themeforest.net and freelancer.com, where people resell the same stuff over and over and make their money that way. I've purchased some very nice templates there for 30 bucks myself for projects and personal hobby sites...

Hey guys!

@Tom - I am not in India nor Pakistan so I myself can not afford to charge those type of prices. You get what you pay for. I am still working with the client and it will be interesting to see how his site measures up with others that exist within the hobby. In regards to SEO, trust me, I have no issue doing whitehat SEO but I have been so busy with my clients that I haven't had time to finish my own site. The plumber has a leaky faucet and the carpenter's door squeeks.

I appreciate the feedback in regards to finances but I still have to feed my kids too. So perhaps I will be the "expensive guy" for now and that is ok to me. Although I am not a pilot, your hobby is extremely interesting to me and would like to stick around to learn more about it. Perhaps, I could develop some mods for you guys, who knows.

My very best to you all. When my client goes public, I will let you know his url. He is still requesting modifications at this time.

Thank you,

Chris

• Like 2

Unfortunately if you want to make enough money to live on you've come to the wrong place... there's no money in VAs.

The only reason I brought up the SEO thing is you're advertising your service, yet you do a somewhat dodgy job of it on your own site. I always do my own site first. It's what sells.

Meh, good luck.

• Moderators

Hey guys!

@Tom - I am not in India nor Pakistan so I myself can not afford to charge those type of prices. You get what you pay for. I am still working with the client and it will be interesting to see how his site measures up with others that exist within the hobby. In regards to SEO, trust me, I have no issue doing whitehat SEO but I have been so busy with my clients that I haven't had time to finish my own site. The plumber has a leaky faucet and the carpenter's door squeeks.

I appreciate the feedback in regards to finances but I still have to feed my kids too. So perhaps I will be the "expensive guy" for now and that is ok to me. Although I am not a pilot, your hobby is extremely interesting to me and would like to stick around to learn more about it. Perhaps, I could develop some mods for you guys, who knows.

My very best to you all. When my client goes public, I will let you know his url. He is still requesting modifications at this time.

Thank you,

Chris

i can't wait to see that website becouse 500-700 its gota be something speciall but i don't think it will be so mush more than the ones out there for the mometn

Infact, you can have a super duper website and think you have the best site in the world so therefore you are the best VA.

But it could be badly run...

Even if you have a bad site but it's run pretty well then it will be more popular.

I would hate to see a VA spend so much money to only close in a years time because it can't get the attention it needs.

And if you want to explore the VA world as quite rightly mentioned above VA's are mainly non profit and don't make any money.

Besides a general rule is if you use a real world airline name you can´t legally make money on it with out getting into trouble.

Which still leaves me wondering why on earth someone would spend 500 dollars on a va website alone! What will theyget back from it :o

I doubt real airlines even spend that much!

Infact, you can have a super duper website and think you have the best site in the world so therefore you are the best VA.

But it could be badly run...

Even if you have a bad site but it's run pretty well then it will be more popular.

I would hate to see a VA spend so much money to only close in a years time because it can't get the attention it needs.

And if you want to explore the VA world as quite rightly mentioned above VA's are mainly non profit and don't make any money.

Besides a general rule is if you use a real world airline name you can´t legally make money on it with out getting into trouble.

Which still leaves me wondering why on earth someone would spend 500 dollars on a va website alone! What will theyget back from it :o

I doubt real airlines even spend that much!

Yeah. I got a price to create a website from Simpilot. Good price and probably happening in the near future. I chose to keep the current skin because it looks fine if i may say so.

Also i bought the Flightboard from Simpilotgroup.com.

What is it that i want to say?

Well... i run my va for a couple of years now and i have 4 real active members at the moment. Myself and 3 of my friends. That what i do it for.

I am not a rich guy.. i just like to practice my hobby and somethimes they cost a little. But i would never spend 500 bucks on a website. hell no.

for god sake, its a hobby !

Oh, don't get me wrong, others are obviously more than welcome but i do not go out there and promote my website on all possible ways. If someone stumbles on to my website, they can join. if they not... well that's ok.

Regards

Lucas

No to take work away from myself or any of the other web developers on this forum, but knowing people won't pay for a decent website for their VA, I would recommend to everyone here looking to have something other than the norm to go to themeforest.net to purchase very high quality templates that you can easily convert into custom skins for phpVMS. Codecanyon, its sister site, does high-quality scripts of all kinds and GraphicRiver has great ready to go graphics. It's how I roll when I have a customer that needs something on the cheap--as I too have to feed my family, but any business is better than none, so I do cheaper work in between the bigger stuff. In fact, I have larger organizations that just can't afford cost-prohibitive websites that I customize a ready-made template for to save myself the groundwork, such as our county sheriff's office and other offices of local government where every penny is scrutinized.

• 2 weeks later...

$500-$750 for a hobby, you gotta be joking. To the person who said they dont think airlines would spend that much, is wrong, they spend more, because they want a better product and are usually custom made, or use asp.net, which requires windows hosting which costs a lot, and the licencing of the SQL server is a lot too, they also pay a lot for a dedicated server too. You are talking a couple of grand for what airlines want. @OP Your site is the most important, make and finish your site before you do anyone elses, that is how you sell yourself. If people see a bad web site for a web designer, they dont really want to go to him for a web site. Especially if they charge a lot for just a template, which is primarily html.

• Like 2

Unfortunately if you want to make enough money to live on you've come to the wrong place... there's no money in VAs.

The only reason I brought up the SEO thing is you're advertising your service, yet you do a somewhat dodgy job of it on your own site. I always do my own site first. It's what sells.

Meh, good luck.

SEO is not how something looks but rather it is attracting visitors from the organic results on search engines. However, you obviously want something attractive for your site visitors to look at. I have no shortage of clients and what sells is that I am moving my client websites to the top of Google and they tell their friends.