VATSIM Tracker?

Flightguy123

Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a way that I can basically grab information from one of the VATSIM Data servers, and pull my pilots info out of it and match it with a pirep to add .5 more hours per flight that the pilot does on VATSIM. This is just a thought that I was thinking could be possible in the future at my VA.

Guest lorathon

What you are supposed to do is first download the following http://status.vatsim.net/status.txt

Then follow the instructions. (you should vary the data feed read between servers found in the status.txt to reduce bandwidth load on any one server)

Using a cron job....

I download the first once a day (status.txt). Then download the data feed every five minutes (varying the server). I seem to remember that the data feed only updates every 5 minutes so no need to download anymore than that. Then load both locally when the page is loaded.

Be sure to ask for permission first. I had no problems getting it. As long as you follow their instructions they seem to be pretty open to letting anyone use the data.