Vatsim Data Reader

simpilot

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

He will have to look at the structure of the map template and the data that is returned from the vatsim file for ATC and make some changes to allow for ATC data to be shown from what I can tell by quickly going over the files.

Any news on this one Kyle :)

Allan,

I had took another look at the pull request and the VATSIM Data. As google maps requires a lat. and long. parameter to show it on the map, there is no lat. or long for ATC in the data file from VATSIM.

But I'll figure out something on my spare time to see what I can do to get ATC on the map.

• Members

I have it already ready done for somobody else in this forum so download this files replace your files on your server

and call for <?php MainController::Run('Vatsim', 'create_vatsim_atclivemap', '!CLIENTS:', 'ATC', ''); ?>

To kyle, the lat and lot are given bye the text file the only problem that i faced whas that the map took dynamicly the heading but the atc do not have heading so i modified your map and placed the atc.jpg icon

Vatsim.zip

• Like 2

• Members

I am fine with that no attribution needed as this is your creation and i took kyles map so it should go to you 2

i only forgot to put a dynamic picture in line 33 of atcmap.tpl i have hardcoded the picture source to http://www.baggelis.com/atc.jpg if you want and can corect it so i dont delete it some day and the maps don't work after that.

Thanks

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Hi all,

Im sure i have seen this somewhere before on the forums but I must be searching the wrong terms because I cant find what Im looking for.

Im wondering how to get these commands: <?php MainController::Run('Vatsim', 'create_vatsim_data', '!CLIENTS:', 'PILOT', ''); ?> to work in a html file?

• 6 months later...
  • Administrators

ok ive been playing with it trying to find a way to get it in a table to make it look neat but Im not doing something wright? A little help thanks

There are two files included in the distribution that should help. The first shows all the available fields coming back from vatsim - https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpVMS-VatsimReader/blob/master/core/templates/vatsim/vatsim.tpl

The second has a small table example - https://github.com/DavidJClark/phpVMS-VatsimReader/blob/master/core/templates/vatsim/table.tpl

• 4 months later...

Warning: fopen(vatsimdata.txt) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /1/www/smart-express.info/core/modules/Vatsim/Vatsim.phpon line 33

Warning: fwrite() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /1/www/smart-express.info/core/modules/Vatsim/Vatsim.php on line 34

Warning: fclose() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in /1/www/smart-express.info/core/modules/Vatsim/Vatsim.php on line 35

Warning: file(vatsimdata.txt) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /1/www/smart-express.info/core/modules/Vatsim/Vatsim.phpon line 38

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /1/www/smart-express.info/core/modules/Vatsim/Vatsim.php on line 41

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...