Airport_Charts_V1.1

Kyle
Message added by Kyle

WARNING: This module is no longer supported from the developer as the developer is shifting their focus on phpVMS v4 Addons.

As we all know, editing core files of phpVMS WILL be overwritten when an update comes out and one updates his or her own site. Therefor, I took it upon myself to edit a core file for charts module.

My simple edit makes charts admin show up in the addons section of the side bar in the admin panel without ever having to edit a core phpVMS file. This might want to be included in another release of your module which I think you did an excellent job on. Thanks for the share.

Open admin\modules\ChartsAdmin\ChartsAdmin.php

Find

public function HTMLHead() {
       switch ($this->controller->function) {
		case '':
           case 'viewcharts':
		case 'viewairports':
		case 'addchart':
		case 'editchart':
               $this->set('sidebar', 'charts/sidebar_index.tpl');
               break;
       }
   }

After Add:

public function NavBar()
   {
       echo '<li><a href="'.SITE_URL.'/admin/index.php/ChartsAdmin">Charts Admin</a></li>';
   }

And with that, no need to edit core_navigation.tpl in the admin folder

• Like 1

Hi Eddie. I actually have that one( you mentioned ) installed and have been modding the hell out of it. I can say it is not the same thing at all as this one. This mod here you can put in airport diagram pdf files and sids and stars and stuff like that. It actually works pretty good.

• Like 1

Hi Eddie. I actually have that one( you mentioned ) installed and have been modding the hell out of it. I can say it is not the same thing at all as this one. This mod here you can put in airport diagram pdf files and sids and stars and stuff like that. It actually works pretty good.

Good to know!! Thank you

• 1 month later...

I have a problem with the Airport charts.

Any Ideas?

The answer is in the error. It is saying that template file does not exist. It might have got uploaded, but in the wrong location, or it got corrupted. I would try to upload that file again and delete cache and all that good stuff and try again. This one worked for me right out of the box.

• Moderators

its fully inked.

but in the adim area i will add a new chart dont see add after adding

It's normal, you go back to the list of airports, and then you select an airport that you added the chart and it will be there.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys !

When clicking in Admin Center on the menu point "Addons" -> "Chart Admins", my Airport Listing opens, however clicking on the ICAO code of the airport brings me an error

An Error Was Encountered

The module "VIEWCHARTS" doesn't exist!

I did all the steps as demanded by Kyle, however could not bring this module to work.

Please help .... thanks for your ideas

Cheers, Andreas

• Moderators

Hi guys !

When clicking in Admin Center on the menu point "Addons" -> "Chart Admins", my Airport Listing opens, however clicking on the ICAO code of the airport brings me an error

I did all the steps as demanded by Kyle, however could not bring this module to work.

Please help .... thanks for your ideas

Cheers, Andreas

What was the error? Sorry for the late replies.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, great module, installed it according to your instructions but I got a problem. When I go to the Admin Center --> Addons --> ChartsAdmin, I see all the airports in the list. When I click on any of the airports I get the following error:

An Error Was Encountered

The module "VIEWCHARTS" doesn't exist!

what went wrong? am i missing the VIEWCHARTS module? If so, where can I get it?

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Hi Kyle,

congratulations for your excellent work.

I ahve this problem.

I have create airports but with this name: myairports

When i install charts i have this error:

Warning: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, class 'Myairports' does not have a method 'get_airport' in/home/pg28030/public_html/v2/core/classes/MainController.class.php on line 218

And in mysql i have to charts name or i change to phpvms_charts??

My website

Thx very much.

King regards,

Miguel

• 2 months later...