phpVMS Virtual Airline Rating Thread

freshJet

I thought this would be a good idea (as long as it doesn't start any flame wars <_< )

Basically, you make a comment and rate the VA of the last post above you. So, for example, someone posts a reply o this and does the following:

---------------------------------

Comments: Example comment

Pros:

• Nice website
  • Nice fleet
  • Nice livery

Cons:

• None

Rating: 5 (out of 5)

---------------------------------

And it repeats...

Well if we're all doing freshjet :P

Comments: Freshjetvirtual.com

Pros:

Realistic fleet

Realistic scheduling and hubs.

Cons:

No idea what the livery looks like

Liveries are inconsistent (alas, found them on the promo vid!)

Website is rather large and yet busy and cluttered. Whitespace will do wonders (when it's not all at the bottom :P)

Rating: 3 (out of 5)

A comment I'd like to make outside of this little ratingmabob, you have your community links right at the top and then again in the sidebar, removing them from the sidebar would save a lot of space.

Airline: Legend Air Virtual

Pros:

Web site is ok

Fleet is nice

livery is nice

Easy to navigate

Cons:

Dont like the splash page, (dont like them in general)

Dont like on the drop down when you hover over any of the links in the drop down, the main link the drop down came from turns white, can't read it, and don't know what it says.

Rating: 4 (out of 5)

Nice to see everyone rating freshJet but you're supposed to rate the VA above you. So after jake, it would be Dan (Mr Bean) rating jake's VA, then Tom rating Dan's and so on...

@Tom: What do you mean by inconsistent livery? If you mean the 757 livery is different from the Airbuses it's because it's leased and it's in a hybrid :)

Nice to see everyone rating freshJet but you're supposed to rate the VA above you. So after jake, it would be Dan (Mr Bean) rating jake's VA, then Tom rating Dan's and so on...

@Tom: What do you mean by inconsistent livery? If you mean the 757 livery is different from the Airbuses it's because it's leased and it's in a hybrid :)

Oh I seeeeee...

And, that would make a little more sense, though when easyJet leased (? possibly not past tense) their 757 it was 100% normal easyJet colours :P

I would do FlyFlorida but I fear I might be biased as I made the site for you :rolleyes:

Anyone care to do airfranceva.com? The new site layout is here if you want to talk about the site design.

Jon

haha!

AirFrance Virtual

Pro's

-Realistic Operations of the Real airline

-Great Site

-Codesharing is Great

Con's

-Some text on the site continues onto the border of site

Great VA and very accurate to the real Air France

5/5

Tom

I guess FreshJet again haha,

Pro's

-Good Operations

-Good realistic fleet

Con's

-Maybe add more to the home page to give it more meet to extend towards the bottom

-Needs easier navigations

-On the site there seems to be a little too much on the home page

4/5

My VA is American Airlines Virtual, AAvirtual.net

Wait... you said to add more to the homepage and then you said there was too much on the homepage? :P

• Like 1

Angel Air

Pros:

• Decent amount of pilots

Cons:

• Don't like the website
  • The logo is from the now-defunct Thai airline Angel Air (see here)
  • Unrealistic fleet and operations - sorry

Rating: 2 (out of 5)

The point of using the Angel Air as a VA was that it is a defunct airline so no worries from a legal stand point, also as it is a defunct airline I can make the VA what I want it to be so aircraft, Routes and livery are all my own.

As for not liking the website that is your personal opinion which you are entitled to.

Felt I needed to respond and I do not mean to offend or upset anyone.

Scott