Internal Server Error SOLVED

icebox3d

There is something wrong with the server itself, if you own the server and administer it, you have to fix it, if you are hosting a VA on a site, but you do not own the server, you have to contact your web host and get them to fix it. Other then that, there is nothing we can do to help.

It is nothing to do with permissions on a file, it is to do with the configuration of the actual server itself. IF you dont manage the server directly, contact whoever does and let them know about it. If you are just on shared hosting, you need to contact your web hosting company and let them know and they will fix it. Again it is nothing to do with permissions on files.

I do manage the server but there is no errors. I did run the install check and it provided this:

phpVMS Build Number: 934

Checking PHP version

[OK] PHP version is 5.2.17.x

ASP Tags

[OK] ASP-style tags are disabled

Checking connectivity...

[OK] Can contact outside servers

Checking for SimpleXML module...

[OK] SimpleXML module exists!

Checking file hashes for corrupt or mismatched files

[OK] No errors found!

-- Checked 183 files, found 0 errors

So from what I guess the files are fine however when I go to do the DB check, it just gives a whitepage. Here is a copy of phpinfo Am I missing any php modules as every other site on that server runs just fine.

Well the error you said you got means there is a problem with the server, I googled it, and every url said that. There are ones that tell you how to fix it too. If nothing is showing, please run the checkdb.php and post the results.

edit:Also dont keep that phpinfo.php up for long, as it can give away sensitive data that hackers can use to gain access to your server.

• Administrators

I just went to your site and just get a blank page - no server error. The view source shows the html head and body tags that are empty. I almost would say that it is a problem in an edited file, most likely the local.config.php file. Look at the very start of that file and see if there is any white space or characters before the opening php tag. Also check any other core files you have modified since the site issue started.

• Administrators

Files look ok, tough call at this point, have you gone through the server and phpvms error logs? Is this a new site that has never worked, or an old site that just started doing this? Is anything else on the server working? (ie forum, chat room, etc?)

Well I disabled apache suEXEC on that site and it now gives these errors.

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_69f87ff15429efbc1a3c36bcafb505d4, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/cvcweb/public_html/core/codon.config.php on line 40

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/cvcweb/public_html/core/codon.config.php:40) in /home/cvcweb/public_html/core/codon.config.php on line 40

• Administrators

Without an error log to look at, access to the server, or some type of error on the site page itself I do not know what else to tell you at this point. You can try to reinstall the core files, that could be the issue, it may even be the index.php file, I repaired a site last week that had the index.php file altered during a ftp hack.