vAirline Template

-Nick Tyson-

Hello!

I've created a template that I plan on releasing for use, and would like some feedback. Also to see if I missed any bugs :P

Here is the template: http://vairline.org/phpvms/

The background is flexible for changing colors, you can turn the shadow off with one click of a button, the menu is editable.. So I've tried to make this as easy to use as possible.

Would you download the template?

Thanks! :)

Thanks! I'm trying to decide if I would release it as a free theme or for a small fee for each use, as this took about 12 hours to complete. And is made with CSS only. So it took quite a long time.

Hm, view source tells me otherwise ;)

If you don't care for rounded corners in IE then the image sizes can be reduced greatly...

I would be very interested in using it if you could explain if you can remove all the stuff in-between the navigation menu and the footer. The reason is, I have fully customized several pages (ex: schedule_results.tpl, profile_main.tpl and more). Mostly, I just want to completely remove the "Recent Reports" and "Newest Pilots" from the left and then be able to stretch the Main area to position itself left-to-right so it stretches the span.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this template. Not too sure how to add pages thou, I'm more or less playing around with the template to gain experience rather than create a VA. Would there be any chance someone could explain how to add a static page for this template? Have searched but found nothing and what I have tried has not worked.

Regards

Jay

I love this template. Not too sure how to add pages thou, I'm more or less playing around with the template to gain experience rather than create a VA. Would there be any chance someone could explain how to add a static page for this template? Have searched but found nothing and what I have tried has not worked.

Regards

Jay

To add pages log in, go to admin center then pages are to the left. Click that and then it should show blank. You just create a new page by clicking "Add Page" top left.

Once you go to save it you have the options to make it public/private and enabled/disabled.

Don't know if by static pages you were referring to that or not but hope that helps in some way! :)

To add pages log in, go to admin center then pages are to the left. Click that and then it should show blank. You just create a new page by clicking "Add Page" top left.

Once you go to save it you have the options to make it public/private and enabled/disabled.

Don't know if by static pages you were referring to that or not but hope that helps in some way! :)

In a way sort of lol, when I do that thou it adds the tab up the top, knocking the rest of the navigation out of place if you know what I mean. In the drop down for example it has "Timeline" but how do I create a timeline page? where to upload? and how to link it up. Really lost, I really am a newbie with phpvms so sorry for any trouble if caused :)

In a way sort of lol, when I do that thou it adds the tab up the top, knocking the rest of the navigation out of place if you know what I mean. In the drop down for example it has "Timeline" but how do I create a timeline page? where to upload? and how to link it up. Really lost, I really am a newbie with phpvms so sorry for any trouble if caused :)

Oh ok I see what you mean now, to replace the default "timeline page" with your own.

You need to edit one of the TPL. files where the menu bar is.

Then you can assign from there what pages link where :) I don't have my file edior on this PC so can't check but it's bound to be layout.tpl or core_navigation.tpl correct me if I'm wrong though. I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction relating to this particular template.

Oh ok I see what you mean now, to replace the default "timeline page" with your own.

You need to edit one of the TPL. files where the menu bar is.

Then you can assign from there what pages link where :) I don't have my file edior on this PC so can't check but it's bound to be layout.tpl or core_navigation.tpl correct me if I'm wrong though. I'm sure someone can point you in the right direction relating to this particular template.

Ok that has worked, but I have ran into another problem. Do I create a new page in html? or php? I'm not too sure...and once I have created that page what is the location on the FTP to upload it to?

Thanks for the help btw, I really appreciate it.

Once you create a page as per listed above then the location will always be www.yoursite.com/index.php/pages/pagename and in FTP then they are located @ /servername/core/pages/

They are created in .htm automatically. So in theory it gets made into .htm for you and you don't need to do anything with FTP at the back end. Unless you want to create a page locally in notepad then save it as name1.htm and upload it to the above ftp folder.

You're more than welcome, we're all here to help each other :)

I see, so once created like above I just edit the tab using dreamweaver or something similar and link it to the page I want? for example...

I make a page called timeline and Its then created in /servername/core/pages/ as .htm

Then I use the link /servername/core/pages/timeline to make it appear on the website as static content? (for example)

Is this rite, gosh I feel like a pain in the butt, thanks for your help thou, once I get the hang of it I can pick it up pretty quickly, just need to help in the beginning.

Thanks again

Jay