phpBB_Auto_1.2 - (Un-Supported)

Kyle
Message added by Kyle

WARNING: This module is no longer supported from the developer as the developer is shifting their focus on phpVMS v4 Addons.

• Moderators

phpBB_Auto_V1.2

This module is an phpBB Auto Register Forums Account. Whenever a pilot joins your VA, and if their account is approved, you will need to activate their forums account in the phpBB Admin Area.

Source By: Here

Created Under: http://creativecommo...s/by-nc-sa/3.0/

Completed By: Vansers

phpBB Forums:

phpBB Forums Version: 3.0.9

You must have that version to make the module work.

How To Install:

1) Download the file that is attached here...

2) Unzip the file...

3) Upload the files same as the structure as your phpvms files.

Enjoy the Module!

-------------------------------------------------------

Download Here

• Like 3

• Moderators

Hi Up dated phpBB, uploaded the same structure, did a test and nothing occurred on the forum, no member to validate once accepted on VA. Have I missed something?

thanks in advance

Hey Shaun,

You have to go into phpBB Admin, and then go to inactive users. The account will be there. You'll need to activate the forums account and add in the groups.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Shaun,

You have to go into phpBB Admin, and then go to inactive users. The account will be there. You'll need to activate the forums account and add in the groups.

I have that problem too! is there a solution? there is none at inactive, have several test accounts created on the site. and it does not work

michael

• Moderators

Ahhh, it works! But why give the person a username of their last name? Just curious. It is easy enough to allow username changes in the forum so it is really no biggie.

I'm not sure, but the first name is not being parsed right?

I have that problem too! is there a solution? there is none at inactive, have several test accounts created on the site. and it does not work

michael

Do you have the forums in the same database as your phpvms? I might add a debugger in this module so I can easily see what the problems in the next versions.

hi,

on my forum it`s also just using the last name from the registration as username. But I also have the problem that it puts a space in front of the username. so its ( Lastname). But so far no problem I`m just correcting their usernames after activating them.

kind regards

manuel

Here is a million dollar question..... And it is just a thought that came to mind.

We all know that phpBB is real good at stopping spammers for a very short time and that is it. Sooner or later, they all get in be it human or bot.

If we set registration to off, will this module register the pilot anyhow since technically one is not using the registration page to begin with? If so, then that would avoid any spammer issues what so ever and avoid the need to do any extra mods to stop spammers.

Thoughts? Ideas? Questions? Comments? :D

• Moderators

Here is a million dollar question..... And it is just a thought that came to mind.

We all know that phpBB is real good at stopping spammers for a very short time and that is it. Sooner or later, they all get in be it human or bot.

If we set registration to off, will this module register the pilot anyhow since technically one is not using the registration page to begin with? If so, then that would avoid any spammer issues what so ever and avoid the need to do any extra mods to stop spammers.

Thoughts? Ideas? Questions? Comments? :D

If you have your forums registration set to off, then it won't affect with the module. All it does is capture the required info and input into the phpBB member's table. But phpVMS Users had gotten spam, so yeah I might have to look into a way to spank those spammers in the @$$. Possibly, add a stop forum spam API's. So your forums won't pile up on spam. Even it will work if you are using phpVMS's Stop Forum Spam API.

Thanks for bringing that up. :D

• 3 weeks later...

If you have your forums registration set to off, then it won't affect with the module. All it does is capture the required info and input into the phpBB member's table. But phpVMS Users had gotten spam, so yeah I might have to look into a way to spank those spammers in the @$$. Possibly, add a stop forum spam API's. So your forums won't pile up on spam. Even it will work if you are using phpVMS's Stop Forum Spam API.

Thanks for bringing that up. :D

Too bad the forums' "Auto Register" only works when a pilot registers to your site instead of when their registration is approved. That way we wont have that problem.

• Moderators

Yeah, there are no hooks on the event when a pilot is approved at the moment.

But I posted the request in the Build Forums, and if Nabeel ever adds in the hook, then I will for sure to update this module.

I've installed the forum, and the module.

But there are no user in there, have started the module, but it remains a blank page where I've seen the file, just add this line: "CodonEvent:: addListener ('phpBB_Auto');"

only in the DB, there is no "phpBB_auto" what's wrong.

are also available in the DB users there is no user

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Moderators

I'm planning to improve this module for better functionally.

• Settings Form with the following settings...
    • External Databases Connections
    • Table Prefixes Settings
    • Forums Location
    • Improved Add Forum User feature

Unfortunately the after approved, create account is not possible due to the passwords already been encrypted.

Queued for Build 2.0