Aircraft order/lease module?

bobsta63

Hi all,

Just a quick post to ask does anyone know if there is an Aircraft Order or 'Lease' module available for phpVMS? - Ie. an admin can place an order (based on current VA financials and then after a set amount of time the aircraft then displays and can have routes assigned to it)

If not I think I will create a set of modules (or separate system to integrate with this fantastic software) the reason behind this is that I have a couple of friends who would personally love the whole aspect of running a VA but don't actually have the hardware or any intention of actually flying any aircraft but would want to make decisions such as ordering new aircraft, signing contracts for new Hubs etc.

I was thinking it would be great to have a module/set of modules that an admin could place an order for a new aircraft or 'lease' one based on the VA's current finances to add an extra level of realism to the VA/software. - This would take into account the VA's financials and the VA admins could only place another order for an aircraft if they 'have the money in the bank'. - The module would not deduct any money from the phpVMS system but instead keep its own logs of what money has been spent (so it doesn't mess with any vaCentral stats etc.) and offset it against the VA's financial system.

Is anyone interested in such a module/system? and if so, can anyone think of any other modules I should include in the set/system that real airline management would do... I see that phpVMS already has somethings such as recurring Hub costs and live fuel pricing which I think is great!

By day I am a software developer so I'm not asking for help with regards to making such a module if one doesn't exist but to get any feedback, ideas for more modules to add more things that airline management would normally do or interest if you too would like to use such a system (I will of-course release under the GPL and all source code would be available on GitHub :))

Look forward to hearing back from some of you :)

Regards,

Bobby

• Like 1