VA of the Month/Year?

freshJet

I would very much like to see a competition for the best VA of the month and year, where you get the best VA for categories, for example:

• Best Passenger VA
  • Besg Cargo VA
  • Best Military VA
  • Best Bush VA

It could be done like VA-list, where users can vote for their favourites. Anyone else like the idea?

• Like 1

I don't think it is possible to have a fair one, because if you want the users to vote they will always vote for their own VA

and how bigger the VA the more votes they will get.

And what is the criteria for the votes, is that the website, the amount of active pilots or the amount of hours a VA on a yearly basis?

To do a competions like that you need objectivity, and with a user vote you won't have that.

Regards,

Cor

Couldnt Stats be Faked though? what about having a Judging Panel? maybe some of the Admins from phpVMS? then have Categorys for say Design, Activity, etc. Nominations put in and Top three Chosen by the Judging Panel?

It's nothing to do with stats. The airline with most flights isn't going to win for having most flights.

It's nothing to do with stats. The airline with most flights isn't going to win for having most flights.

Sorry must have misunderstood ukmil's suggestion? :blink:

can you not use the VA stats, and use items such as hours/routes flown per month? get each VA listed in a certain cat, such as small, large, military etc, then get stats from each and use that as rankings?

Didn't see that. But that's not fair. People need to realize - it's not about the number of pilots or the number of flights - it's about the quality of the airline itself...

And who`s gonna be the judge about that and define quality :rolleyes:

But good luck with setting it up. I still don`t understand the need for competion but thats maybe my age :lol:

Regards,

Cor

• Like 3