Maxx Blue Skin

miniarma

Dear PHPVMS Community,

Sorry to say but I have had to take this down as I dont want to bring any problems to the community at this moment in time.

This theme will not be availible and im really sorry guys.

I am working on a skin that im making from scratch so you will have to bare with me for a few weeks but I will try and put as much work as I can into the Community and bring you guys some proffessional work free of charge for you all to enjoy.

Once again im very sorry about this and now I feel really bad :(

Kind Regards

Chad Donoghue

• Like 3

First off, it looks very nice. Second though, sorry to pee on the parade, but the themeforest template this is based on doesn't have the option for an extended license, which is what is required if you want to distribute this and even then, it's not allowed to be distributed when it looks just like the original. So you will not be allowed to release this until you seek an extended license from the author and change the look of it extensively.

You can find these rules here.

First off, it looks very nice. Second though, sorry to pee on the parade, but the themeforest template this is based on doesn't have the option for an extended license, which is what is required if you want to distribute this and even then, it's not allowed to be distributed when it looks just like the original. So you will not be allowed to release this until you seek an extended license from the author and change the look of it extensively.

You can find these rules here.

Ok im in process of getting permission to distrubute this at the moment after spotting your post.

Will let all you guys know on the progress.

^ Well spotted. Why can't people just obey laws?

Why do you have to be so crappy about this. Why dont you go through all the hard work and effort to bring free stuff to the community instead of being picky on posts.

I am in progress of getting written permissions at the moment. Please dont be so arragant !

Why do you have to be so crappy about this. Why dont you go through all the hard work and effort to bring free stuff to the community instead of being picky on posts.

I am in progress of getting written permissions at the moment. Please dont be so arragant !

Chad, it's because we've had quite a few people ripping off other developers here in recent months and tempers are flaring about it mate. So the mood here is expecting every new release to be a rip-off, pretty much and if you get permission to release this correctly it will be the best thing to happen in awhile in the skinning section, I am sure--it will set an example for the younger and the less honorable folks out there to follow. So thank you for trying to do it the correct way.

Chad, it's because we've had quite a few people ripping off other developers here in recent months and tempers are flaring about it mate. So the mood here is expecting every new release to be a rip-off, pretty much and if you get permission to release this correctly it will be the best thing to happen in awhile in the skinning section, I am sure--it will set an example for the younger and the less honorable folks out there to follow. So thank you for trying to do it the correct way.

Im not in here to rip anyone off and I understand what has been going on the last few months just by looking at the recent posts. I am trying to get some decent skins in here for people to enjoy and for me to spend my money enjoying myself making skins for the whole community to use. If this skin fails I will seek another skin and get an extended licence and get it out here for everyone to enjoy.

At the moment ive released a free skin for everyone to use and it includes everything legal for it to be used, so as you can see im not trying to do any kind of copyright infrindgement in here.

Thank you for letting me know about the extended license. Will keep that in mind next time I purchase something.

Chad, just wanted to say that most elements of the template you have been using are open-source, so there is nothing stopping you from using blueprint, or 960.gs, or a similar templating system and porting the entire thing across by rewriting the HTML and CSS. Just re-create the graphics yourself and release the skin as your own as you will have done all the work. There's only a certain amount of ways to create a webpage, so it's not ripping people off by re-creating someone's work in a similar manner.

Chad, just wanted to say that most elements of the template you have been using are open-source, so there is nothing stopping you from using blueprint, or 960.gs, or a similar templating system and porting the entire thing across by rewriting the HTML and CSS. Just re-create the graphics yourself and release the skin as your own as you will have done all the work. There's only a certain amount of ways to create a webpage, so it's not ripping people off by re-creating someone's work in a similar manner.

Ok, I will keep this in mind next time. Thank you for the tip and pointers you guys have been giving me. Got some more coming along soon for you guys to use ;)