Pilot Training / Certification

C1971W

Offsite Training  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Does your VA currently require aeronautical training for entrance, promotion (rank) certification, and/or aircarft type/class ratings?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many pilots would you estimate your VA has to train for entrance and/or promotion each month?

• None
    • 1 to 4 pilots per month.
    • 5 to 9 pilots per month.
    • 10 or more pilots per month.
  3. 3. NOTE: There are two distinct scenarios below (1-4) and (2-8). Please select one answer from (1-4) and one answer from (5-8) that best describes the value you would place on each scenario.

• To train an inexperienced pilot to become IFR qualified in the smallest aircraft in our VA's fleet, has no value.
    • To train an inexperienced pilot to become IFR qualified in the smallest aircraft in our VA's fleet, It would be worth from $5 to $9 (US).
    • To train an inexperienced pilot to become IFR qualified in the smallest aircraft in our VA's fleet, It would be worth from $10 to $19 (US).
    • To train an inexperienced pilot to become IFR qualified in the smallest aircraft in our VA's fleet, It would be worth from $20 to $29 (US).
    • To train an IFR experienced pilot to become qualified in a specific aircraft in our fleet (other than our smallest aircraft) has no value.
    • To train an IFR experienced pilot to become qualified in a specific aircraft in our fleet (other than our smallest aircraft) it would be worth from $5 to $9 (US).
    • To train an IFR experienced pilot to become qualified in a specific aircraft in our fleet (other than our smallest aircraft) it would be worth from $10 to $19 (US).
    • To train an IFR experienced pilot to become qualified in a specific aircraft in our fleet (other than our smallest aircraft) it would be worth from $20 to $29 (US).

I understand what and why you are wanting to do here, but I prefer to do all the training for my VA. I really don't like the idea to depend on someone else to do something that I, or my staff could be doing ourselves. Don't take this the wrong way, it really is a good idea to have this, but for me, I wouldn't want it.

• Like 1

I understand what and why you are wanting to do here, but I prefer to do all the training for my VA. I really don't like the idea to depend on someone else to do something that I, or my staff could be doing ourselves. Don't take this the wrong way, it really is a good idea to have this, but for me, I wouldn't want it.

Thank you for your input, Jeff. No worries, no offense taken whatsoever.