My Beautifully Redesigned Homepage

freshJet

It's alright, still very cluttered though.

You would benefit greatly from some more whitespace.

For example, just change the sidebar margin to 20px and main width to 750px, instantly a little less cluttered.

Also, instead of using line breaks everywhere, wrap your sections of content in another div tag with the class, for example, "module" - such as the <h2>Statistics</h2> down to the end of those paragraph tags. Then you can add margin:0 0 20px 0; to your "module" class and remove all the line breaks. Again, less cluttered.

Also, I think your dropdowns would look nicer if they were styled similarly to the main bar - a little more left padding, white text and a more noticeable highlight on hover.

Still a big empty space at the bottom, also if you are going to use line breaks at least use the proper way, and use

<br />

also for making text bold, use

<strong> </strong>

But looks a lot better. And yes the nav still needs some work, but is getting there.

<b> is valid.

• Like 1

Very Well Done itrobb, but there's one problem. When I go to your ACARS Map, the map isn't working for me on Chrome or Firefox. Something you might want to take a look.

Other than that, well done! ;)

Yes I've been aware of the problem for over a year now and nothing can be done

• 1 month later...

Looks pretty good, although the LOGIN button on the top is not where it should be in Chrome. That could be a function of not enough padding or maybe even Windows 7 but who knows.

Also, going back to the <b>/<strong> argument, they are both completely valid, even in HTML5. Just like <i>/<em> are. They have different meanings though.

<b> is used to visually make something stand out -- Menu

<strong> is used to emphasize a word and make it have a stronger meaning -- That is the menu

<i> is used to visually make something italic -- Say hello!

<em> is used to emphasize a word and make it have a different meaning -- This isn't my coat. (also, This isn't my coat)

Hope that helps people. :)

Again, nice job. Sorry to threadjack.

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, incredible!

I am in the process of making my own custom skin for a virtual airline I'm making and I'd like to know how you did the "search flights" on the homepage, I've tried doing it myself with frontschedules but can't get it to work. Also the Live Flights map just gives me a grey map, is that just me or do others get it? I also have a problem where the livemap doesn't show at all and only the bottom table part(pilots etc) appears.

Kind regards and congratulations

John