FSPassengers Pirep System

Parkho

• Moderators

I'm up for it. I was thinking about bringing back FSPax to my site. Could you figure out why it changes the airlines names when a pirep is sent to the site?

I don't have any problems with that part! Have you tried yours lately? and if yes could you explain how.

I haven't used FSPax since I received my custom kAcars from Jeffrey. I didn't want to keep as an option because it kept changing the airlines on some flights (don't know why). All I allow is kAcars, but they can send in the FSPax if, by some reason kAcars fails on them. It hasn't failed yet, so haven't been able to see if it still does it.

• Moderators

I haven't used FSPax since I received my custom kAcars from Jeffrey. I didn't want to keep as an option because it kept changing the airlines on some flights (don't know why). All I allow is kAcars, but they can send in the FSPax if, by some reason kAcars fails on them. It hasn't failed yet, so haven't been able to see if it still does it.

Well! I'm all ready to set you up just give me a buzz if you decided to use FSPAX. Also, I can send you some pix of the pilot profile on both public and private to give you an idea how it looks.

• Moderators

Would it also be possible to show the number of times a pilot has flown using ACARS and also FSPax?

EXAMPLE

Acars Flights: 54

FSPax Flights: 29

I believe so, just needs a little piece of code to pull that out. I think the code has to go through the PIREPS and finds the PIREP's source and from there count them accordingly. It's doable. smile.gif

One thing to be noted is that the pointing system is not working with KACARS, so if you want your rankings based on points and hours then that's gonna be a trouble for you.

• Moderators

Shouldn't you be able to gather points only from just FSPax, and get flight hours from kAcars ans FSPax?

Example, I do a flight send the PIREP with KACARS then I get only the hours in profile. Now I want the points too, so i have to send the same PIREP with FSPAX so that i can get the points into my profile and together with the flight hours, I'll go to the next Rank. Is that what you mean? if yes then that's a little bit hard for me. wink.gif

One thing to be noted is that the pointing system is not working with KACARS, so if you want your rankings based on points and hours then that's gonna be a problem for you.

I didn't fully understand the last post exactly as you typed it the first time. My mistake. Are you only allowing FSPassengers flights to be used on your site, or do you allow ACARS and or FlightKeeper as well? If you do allow multiple sources to be used simultaneously (I know that the pireps cannot be used on the same flight), how is your system setup to accommodate the points system if multiple sources can be used?

Let me give you an example of where I am getting at so you might understand me a little better.

You have a Virtual Airline.

In your Virtual Airline you allow a pirep to be sent in by using one (1) source (Acars, FSPax, FK, or manual).

Your Virtual Airline offers a points system that co-relates to the ranking system, meaning that you cannot move up to the next rank until you reach a certain number of points (like FSPax does), as well as a certain amount of hours.

Now here is the question...

How is your VA (Alvandair) setup to accommodate multiple sources?

I am still going to want this added to my VA either way, just wanted to know how you have it setup.

• Moderators

I didn't fully understand the last post exactly as you typed it the first time. My mistake. Are you only allowing FSPassengers flights to be used on your site, or do you allow ACARS and or FlightKeeper as well? If you do allow multiple sources to be used simultaneously (I know that the pireps cannot be used on the same flight), how is your system setup to accommodate the points system if multiple sources can be used?

Let me give you an example of where I am getting at so you might understand me a little better.

You have a Virtual Airline.

In your Virtual Airline you allow a pirep to be sent in by using one (1) source (Acars, FSPax, FK, or manual).

Your Virtual Airline offers a points system that co-relates to the ranking system, meaning that you cannot move up to the next rank until you reach a certain number of points (like FSPax does), as well as a certain amount of hours.

Now here is the question...

How is your VA (Alvandair) setup to accommodate multiple sources?

I am still going to want this added to my VA either way, just wanted to know how you have it setup.

Okay! I'm only accepting FSPAX at my VA and that's why I'm able to accommodate the pointing system knowing that the other ACARS won't do that for me. That's the reason I mentioned if you want to switch to FSPAX!

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Parkho,

how do you get it to recognize the Aircraft used in flight?

I get following in all my FSPAX PIREPS

• Aircraft: ()

which is quite anoying for our PIREP officer

So my question is how can I make it possible that it will fill in the correct aircraft and registration for the flight when sending with FSPAX?

probably some IF statements in sending method?

we also using other PIREP systems (kACARS, fsacars, etc)

Edited by Txmmy83