Recent Downtime

Nabeel

• Administrators

Hi all,

As you've definately noticed, phpVMS and vaCentral have been down. While I'm still tracking down the cause, I believe it to be malicious in nature.

As of now, avatars and forum attachments are unavailable, until the backup recovery completes.

The documentation above is also unavailable until some certain pieces of data are recovered.

I don't have an ETA on the completion of recovery. But, over the next few weeks, I will be bringing back online vaCentral and the main phpVMS site - while I'm not sure of any data loss, I don't believe there to be any. I will keep you all in the loop of far as the progress.

Thanks all for your patience.

• Like 5

Sorry to hear that some @$$wipe decided to mess with a small hobby website, I truly hate things like that. You've never done anyone any harm and have provided, for free, one of the best addons to the VA "industry" ever made. So thank you so much for bringing it all back online, it would have been easy to just throw it away and not bother with it.

• Like 4

• Administrators

I'm really digging it too, have to make a few adjustments, but there have been quite a few improvements, so I'm very happy with it overall. IPB has great support, too.

The backup recovery is at about 50% - it's an 80GB volume with an incremental backup - so rolling up all of the files with the incrementals is what is taking so long. After that point, recovering whatever data I can manually is the next step, hopefully that won't take forever. I'm planning to first get the API server back up and running, and then vaCentral, and then the rest of phpVMS.

• Like 3

• Moderators

There have been a few VAs hit also in the last week or so. :(

Glad to see things are slowly coming back. :)

Wow, that doesn't look good. I better start doing an full site inspection so mine won't be hit.

Just silly that those hackers/attackers are taking our hobbies away...

I'm really digging it too, have to make a few adjustments, but there have been quite a few improvements, so I'm very happy with it overall. IPB has great support, too.

The backup recovery is at about 50% - it's an 80GB volume with an incremental backup - so rolling up all of the files with the incrementals is what is taking so long. After that point, recovering whatever data I can manually is the next step, hopefully that won't take forever. I'm planning to first get the API server back up and running, and then vaCentral, and then the rest of phpVMS.

Take your time Nabeel, Your doing a good job for bringing everything back up! :D

• Like 1

• Administrators

Any updates on the restore? Your last status post was on the 4th, it's now the 12th :)

I know how you feel, having to restore a full server, it's not a nice job!

Keep up the good work!

Still working on it, trying to recover mysql from the box but am hitting some snags

Must be doing some work on it, my website is really slow today.

On what? Did you disable the API as-per the instructions on phpvms.net?