My Holiday Airline (virtual) is looking for pilots

My Holiday Airline (virtual) is dedicated to flying to the most desireable and also exotic vacation spots worldwide. We are looking for pilots who are looking for a new home or their first va. 100% of your va logged (verifiable) hours migrate with you so if you're an experience pilot you can start flying the B757 or 767 to the most desireable of our destinations. We have a lot of new ideas to try so give US a try. PS really glad to see that the forum is up and hope to see the rest of phpVMS up too.

Visit us at: http://www.myholidayairline.co.cc

I think my site is quite attractive, or I would not have designed it and uploaded it. You are entitled to YOUR opinion and I am mine. As far as being done by a ten year old..that's just plain rude. It is done in Adobe software and uses a lot of good techniques like the slide show and the hyperlinks. As well as artwork created solely done by hand. I have seen so called professionally designed sites on the web that I don't like. This is MY work. I didn't pay anyone to do it. Is your site your work? This is a hobby NOT a design school contest after all. It's supposed to fun.

Also, I liked the style of My Travel. Since I have done major mods to the paintjob as well as totally painting the CRJ's from scratch using blank paint kits, I can paint anything I want to. I just liked the layout and they are not around any more.being absorbed by Thomas Cook. My name, my colors and my tails. Makes them mine since I did the work on them. A lot of cut, paste typeset, and repainting.

I posted here to see if I could find new pilots. So far this site seems to be more about putting people down than giving any help with few exceptions. Sun Country is so proud of flying 100 hours, obviously a new va. Instead of saying that's great the reply was so big deal get excited when its 1000. I don't know if MY comments will make any of you taike a second thought before slamming someone again, probably not. But I surely won't waste any more of my time here.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

My Holiday Airline has a new webpage as well as completely repainted by me liveries. My decision since though I liked what they looked like before, I never denied that they did resemble MyTravel's livery. Why, because I liked what it looked like. Anyway, proving that I can paint liveries don't have to "steal" from someone. If the webpage looked too busy, I think it is less busy now. I like its colors and I created it myself didn't buy it. I do like phpvms as a manager for the va thank you for all the work done here. Be nicer to people here. None of us were born knowing everything and had mentors no matter what field that was. We'd still know nothing if someone hadn't taken the time and given us the help we needed not insulted us or called us stupid. I just want to say to think about that before making quick replies to new members here. :)

• Like 1

This is why I hate these forums now. Someone comes on and advertises their virtual here ad all they get is bad comments.. So what if its bad? Im sure he spent hours trying to create the website and he doesn't need all these bad comments posted. You couldn't be bothered to wish him luck with the va..? I mean everyone has to start somewhere and just because their work is as good as yours, doesn't mean you have to criticise everyone elses work!

How would you like it if this is how people talked to you when you first started learning how to design webpages? Its not very positive is it? Sure you may not like the work but instead of saying its not good, you could explain why you don't like it and offer advice on where he could improve the design!

I think its a very good design! Much better than what i could have done a few years ago.. nice work tgycgijoes! :)

I'm out..

• Like 4

• Moderators

What the earth is wrong with you guys?

Can't it be friendly and just show some respect to a beginner's work? The site looks fine enough for a beginner's work. Don't be making some bad comments on their site please.. it's just gotten far out of hand now.

• Like 2

To: James 142, Kyle (Vansers) and Twelka 3, thank you. I visited ALL 218 va's on the VA-list to see what they looked like for a comparison yesterday for my own education. (Including itrobb and joeri). Both of their websites are really nice and look like they put a lot of work into them. Sadly a few of them are no more, link dead. Probably quit discouraged. Also saw a lot of them that had 20-30 pilots with 2 or 3 doing all the flying. ????

I have seen professionally designed websites that I don't like. If you compare a lot of the professional websites on the web for other purposes, you'll see that they do not resemble va websites which all are similar layouts with a few exceptions. I appreciate you echoing my comments second time around, I was a bit angry the first time so those remarks may have been a bit "steamier". I have been back here though I said I wouldn't and glad that I did or I would have missed your comments.

My grand-daughter's art teacher this week told her that everything that is an original creation IS ART. My website and all of yours are an artform. We all work from our inspiration unless we commission an artist (web designer) to do it for us. I think that you will ALL agree that we have surely seen some art sold for millions of whatever currency you use we wouldn't in an American expression "give a plugged nickel for".

I will continue to be a part of this forum and visit it from time to time or when I need help that I hope to receive from someone who knows more about that topic than I do.

I am new at designing a webpage, true. I have been a pilot for other va's, some of which are no more, about 3,000 hours total for the past 6 years, including retiring as a chief pilot for Southwest Virtual Airlines to start MyHoliday Airlines. I look forward to a lot of fun in the air and better fellowship with other virtual pilots here. Hope vacentral is back soon. Thank you for phpvms Nabeel.

• Like 2

I don't like to wade into these controversies but I agree, the constant put-down here is just awful and has gone too far. What is even more significant here is that the original poster DID NOT even ask for opinion / feedback on the site, simply made the innocent mistake - as many before - of advertising for pilots here.

I know there have been issues before with plagiarists, impatient and rude kids etc, that have rightfully gotten many users fed up. But it seems the tension has now gone too far, up to a point where new users are almost automatically looked down upon. Is that what we really want for the community?

Some will say they always speak their minds because they like frontality. Fair enough. Just keep in mind that frontality and rudeness are not the same, nor is one an excuse for the other. Not trying to flame or step on anyone's toes, just my opinion as a phpvms and forum user.

Blue skies, everyone.

• Moderators

To: James 142, Kyle (Vansers) and Twelka 3, thank you. I visited ALL 218 va's on the VA-list to see what they looked like for a comparison yesterday for my own education. (Including itrobb and joeri). Both of their websites are really nice and look like they put a lot of work into them. Sadly a few of them are no more, link dead. Probably quit discouraged. Also saw a lot of them that had 20-30 pilots with 2 or 3 doing all the flying. ????

I have seen professionally designed websites that I don't like. If you compare a lot of the professional websites on the web for other purposes, you'll see that they do not resemble va websites which all are similar layouts with a few exceptions. I appreciate you echoing my comments second time around, I was a bit angry the first time so those remarks may have been a bit "steamier". I have been back here though I said I wouldn't and glad that I did or I would have missed your comments.

My grand-daughter's art teacher this week told her that everything that is an original creation IS ART. My website and all of yours are an artform. We all work from our inspiration unless we commission an artist (web designer) to do it for us. I think that you will ALL agree that we have surely seen some art sold for millions of whatever currency you use we wouldn't in an American expression "give a plugged nickel for".

I will continue to be a part of this forum and visit it from time to time or when I need help that I hope to receive from someone who knows more about that topic than I do.

I am new at designing a webpage, true. I have been a pilot for other va's, some of which are no more, about 3,000 hours total for the past 6 years, including retiring as a chief pilot for Southwest Virtual Airlines to start MyHoliday Airlines. I look forward to a lot of fun in the air and better fellowship with other virtual pilots here. Hope vacentral is back soon. Thank you for phpvms Nabeel.

just looked at your website again 3 time but now it finaly is starting to look good.

main reason i bring out my likings off the site is following.

currently there are to manny va's starting and closing

why? simple/everybody wants to be a CEO these days but the main problem with this is manny va's don't punt an effort in to their website and stuff.iff someone would have come to your va and seen it they would "probably" don't register as they don't fing the website appeling. whit your currentr website it looks more appeling to join.all the things i said in earlyer posts is not to bash or bring you down its just letting you know who the site looks in general appeling

regards joeri

I agree with Joeri on his last post completely. Both he and I (along with many others) have been here for a very long time, and have seen a lot of opening and closings of many VA's. We have even seen a few members open a new VA, shut it down open a new one, shut it down all within just a few weeks. I'm not going to put words in his mouth, but his American English may not come out to be as you might speak it, but he is just speaking his mind. Most of us are very sincere in our aviation hobby, and we do want to see everyone here succeed in it. My point is..."Your site is only as good as you want it to be." It doesn't matter what it looks like or what it offers. It all depends on the persons preferences and interests. I have seen some really awful VA's succeed tremendously (not saying yours is awful), and have also seen some really beautiful VA's plummet very quickly.

As Joeri said in his last post "i said in earlier posts is not to bash or bring you down i'm just letting you know how the site looks in general".

Once you start advertising your VA in the VA Discussions page, it is fair game to give and receive criticism and also receive positive remarks about your website. I, personally don't agree with advertising my VA in these forums because we are all CEO's in here. If you go advertising your website here, we are thinking that you want to know what it looks like, and most are quick to judge, but we are also quick to give kind and helpful hints for your success.

Have a great time with your VA.

Thank you all for your recent comments. I am very serious about my va and trying to show it off everywhere to attract a few pilots who want to fly not just be there. As my homepage says, I am not trying to steal anyone's pilots and I mean that. I left SWAv not because it wasn't a good site or good people but they only fly B737's and being an active "weekend warrior" with virtual Air National Guard, I fly a KC10 there and wanted to fly a DC10 commercially which is only limited to one real airline who declined to let me vitually use their name and logo. So I could just fly by myself or, form my own va which I DID put a lot of research into the nuts and bolts. As you all know from above, I am still learning web design. Again, thank you for your present and future help here. This is how I want to treat people here as I now know you do too.

• 2 weeks later...

What the earth is wrong with you guys?

Can't it be friendly and just show some respect to a beginner's work? The site looks fine enough for a beginner's work. Don't be making some bad comments on their site please.. it's just gotten far out of hand now.

This is why I hate these forums now. Someone comes on and advertises their virtual here ad all they get is bad comments.. So what if its bad? Im sure he spent hours trying to create the website and he doesn't need all these bad comments posted. You couldn't be bothered to wish him luck with the va..? I mean everyone has to start somewhere and just because their work is as good as yours, doesn't mean you have to criticise everyone elses work!

How would you like it if this is how people talked to you when you first started learning how to design webpages? Its not very positive is it? Sure you may not like the work but instead of saying its not good, you could explain why you don't like it and offer advice on where he could improve the design!

I think its a very good design! Much better than what i could have done a few years ago.. nice work tgycgijoes! :)

I'm out..

Come on. This guy tryies to make a hobby then for you to put him down. Thats just plain wrong. :/

Absolutely Agreed. This forum is getting Rubbish when ever a new Virtual Airline starts most of the people here specially Joeri has no work to do accept bashing & discouraging. Dont try to be the rulers here. It would have been better if Virtual Airline Advertising Sections were blocked.

Even though we all agree Joeri and others who are found to be bashing and discouraging have made really eye catching websites.

Dont take this as a harsh note but this is the truth.

I can see your point but let's be realistic here. The number of new start ups just now is ridiculous - and a good dedicated serious one comes along at a rate of a maximum of about 10 per year out of the hundreds that start.

Those of you who have been in the industry for a long time will have seen literally thousands of VAs and a very small percentage have been running for more than a year and have an actual aim with a dedicated team of staff. And after time you start to get less and less sympathetic for new VAs and they soon become 'just another startup' which is why I can understand why Joeri feels that way.

So, to the OP - What is it you hope to get out of this VA? What will make you different from the rest?

So, to the OP - What is it you hope to get out of this VA? What will make you different from the rest?

Well, congratulations to tgycgijoes for not dignifying this pretentious, arrogant and self-centered post with an answer.

And after time you start to get less and less sympathetic for new VAs

I think that's more your problem than that of new VAs. I agree with being fed up with the issues of serial offenders, plagiarism and copyright issues and have no sympathy towards that sort of offender. However if none of that is involved, then I don't think you should bother participating, especially in cases like this where - and I've said this in the previous post - the original poster DID NOT ask for any opinion on his VA.

And sorry, I don't buy the excuse of "constructive criticism" when so many posts by you and others are just one-liners with words like "rubbish", "eyesore", "awful" and the like. If you wanted to help new users in any way you'd probably take 5 minutes to write something that actually contained advice of any sort. What you do normally is just rude, mindless bullying.

Good luck to tgycgijoes with his project.

Thank you all for your recent comments. I am very serious about my va and trying to show it off everywhere to attract a few pilots who want to fly not just be there. As my homepage says, I am not trying to steal anyone's pilots and I mean that. I left SWAv not because it wasn't a good site or good people but they only fly B737's and being an active "weekend warrior" with virtual Air National Guard, I fly a KC10 there and wanted to fly a DC10 commercially which is only limited to one real airline who declined to let me vitually use their name and logo. So I could just fly by myself or, form my own va which I DID put a lot of research into the nuts and bolts. As you all know from above, I am still learning web design. Again, thank you for your present and future help here. This is how I want to treat people here as I now know you do too.

Hmm.. If your really dedicated why haven't you purchased a commercial domain name and still go with the free hosting and domain service? I don't see the problem it is only 9.99 a year and you can find extremely cheep hosting now days. Bashing his design is not good however, i used to design like that a few years back. I would buy a domain name and purchase hosting, it shows that you are actually putting time and money into running a virtual airline.

That's all i got. :D

• Like 1

I am on a small fixed income and there is no paid hosting in my monthly budget. After rent, food, gas ($4.00 gal) insurance etc. there is nothing left. I live 40 miles from town and make one trip a week for groceries and gas in the 13 year old car and two trips a week to go to Church.

I am serious about my va but free hosting is all I can afford. I am partially disabled not enough for govt aid. This is my hobby and enjoyment. I am grateful for free hosting or I could NOT have a va of my own. That is why for the last six years I have been a pilot in other va's. I am putting a lot of time in my va tweaking it, repainting aircraft to share with my pilots etc. which is all I have to put into it.

I am on a small fixed income and there is no paid hosting in my monthly budget. After rent, food, gas ($4.00 gal) insurance etc. there is nothing left. I live 40 miles from town and make one trip a week for groceries and gas in the 13 year old car and two trips a week to go to Church.

I am serious about my va but free hosting is all I can afford. I am partially disabled not enough for govt aid. This is my hobby and enjoyment. I am grateful for free hosting or I could NOT have a va of my own. That is why for the last six years I have been a pilot in other va's. I am putting a lot of time in my va tweaking it, repainting aircraft to share with my pilots etc. which is all I have to put into it.

Okay i understand, times are very rough and i am sorry to hear about the disabled. But i don't think pilots are "trust-worthy" of free domains at least. There is 1.99 hosting available everywhere, i think it's fairly reasonable, i am sorry to say but all of they people who make Virtual Airlines using free domains end up shutting down due to not enough pilots joining/flying. I am not saying yours will be like the others, but that is just how it has been so far. All of the successful Virtual Airlines out there have spent much money to maintain and market their Virtual Airline extremely well.

Thanks,

Edmundk

• Like 1