VA Copy wright vs a Real Airline

On 7 July 2012, Virgin Australia requested that we take our website down.

The reason for this was due to a HR error. As such we have had to re-request permission from Virgin Australia to use their copyrighted name and logo.

We are confident that permission will be re-granted and hope that we can get this situation resolved as soon as possible. We would like to apologize for this and hope that you will be patient.

For further updates please visit our Facebook page; www.facebook.com/virginaustraliava

Since we all run a Virtual airlines we are subject to this. So in a way I guess we are all subject to some kind of copy wright infringement.

I guess. I'm not an expert. But I was told by a man who is involved with legal stuff that we all should be very careful. So I guess we all better get permission from the real airline itself.

• Moderators

yep,

we have to be careful here. it's not like taking an airlines logo and using it as your own. you gotta have permissions from the real world airlines.

you would be surprised how many virtual airlines have been shut down without obtaining permissions from the real airlines.

Since we all run a Virtual airlines we are subject to this. So in a way I guess we are all subject to some kind of copy wright infringement.

Fictional airlines don't always infringe copyright. Fictional airlines don't have anyone telling them they have to shut down.

True that. I just posted this to let those who didn't know this. That they know now for their protection. I also know there has been some deep wounds cut in here. So if someone was to get mad they might get their site shut down. Childish yes. But look at all the childish stuff that goes on in here.

• Like 1