Coding question

bakers11

not really from my understanding... it isnt good ol HTML days..now you have HTML 5 and CSS..PHP etc...you can try but it will not all be compatible with all browsers!!

I COULD BE WRONG!!

Buzz, wrong.

The difference between HTML4 and HTML5 is minimal. CSS and PHP have been around for ages. There are just certain HTML5 & CSS3 features that won't be supported - you probably won't use many, if any.

To answer your question, no there is no magical code that fixes everything. You have to be good at it.

The fact that it only looks right in Firefox is worrying. You should be making it look right in Webkit first (Chrome, Safari, most mobile browsers) - it's the biggest % of users.

You need to work on the following points:

What Causes Browser Display Differences?

Different Browsers

Different Browser Versions

Different Computer Types

Different Screen Sizes

Different Font Sizes

HTML Errors

Browser Bugs

What You Can Do

Set a Goal

Stay Away from Cutting Edge HTML

Check Browser Compatibility

Validate Your Pages

Trial and Error Debugging

If you do a google search, there is some code that can help, but it is just to do with making the CSS IE friendly, IE likes to have things its own way. Trial and error is the only way you will get it to work on all browsers, dont use new html, like HTML5 not all browsers accept it yet, wait a few years, and it will be, but until then, also because a lot of users won't have up to date browsers. Work with HTML4, PHP does not do any styling, all styles are done via html and css, php just adds interactivity to a web page.

I would say one of the hardest things is making a website look good in all browsers. Personally i think that I.E Sucks, but there are a lot of people out there that use it, so it is very important to make your site look great in all browsers, otherwise you might as well say goodbye to potential pilots!

Thanks,

Edmund K.

• 3 years later...

Best option is to select HTML5. See the difference...HTML5 is a newer version of the HTML coding language. At the same time, it is more advanced, with new features and changes to improve it. For the most part, both are same. If you know how to code in any older versions of HTML, for the most part you should be good in writing HTML5. But HTML5 has several goals which differentiate it from HTML4. More on.....HTML and HTML5