Some thoughts

clawsonsa

Dear Fellow Flight Lovers,

First off, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Scott Clawson, I am a retired UPS manager who worked in both their operations and security departments. I have just recently aquired a VA, and am very new to this hobby.

What I am not new to is the fact that we have folks who like to steal. Whether it is packages, other peoples ideas, work or just something as silly as a phrase without giving them credit, it is still theft. This is my first post here and I am a bit on the sad side because I was expecting better from this group. Yes we all like to play in the dirt from time to time but wouldn't the easiest approach be to just surgically remove the offending member? Banishment seems to be the easiest appraoch. From my limited knowledge of the situation, it seems that many of the older members here have given these folks numerous chances to correct their ways and they have been ignored.

There are laws that can be enforced for all of the issues that some seem to be having. A simple call to the local FBI will start an investigation. It may not go far because of the "smallness" of the offense, but the offender will be placed on a watch list. They will also be monitored and possibly paid a visit from folks who take these types of issues very seriously.

I hope I have made the correct decision to become involved in the hobby of running a VA.

My best,

Scott Clawson

• Like 1

• Moderators

Scott,

This is what we are trying to do. We are trying to to keep the offending members under control, depending on the severity, we warn them, and if they strike, they will be banned from these forums. Right now, as you know it hasn't been that easy because offending members keeps finding ways of getting into these forums. Although, the moderators are trying the best to it's best.

But I don't really think the FBI won't really do anything, if I'm not wrong though. I think the FBI is mostly involved in high profile cases, not in copyrights of a code. But there are copyright infringements suits options or a shut down of the website.

Hm but even contacting the host doesn't always help. I had such a case and contacted the host of that site 3 times. I never got a reply....nor could i see that any Action was taken to remove my content from that Site. I finally have decided to give up.

(null)

• Moderators

Hm but even contacting the host doesn't always help. I had such a case and contacted the host of that site 3 times. I never got a reply....nor could i see that any Action was taken to remove my content from that Site. I finally have decided to give up.

(null)

Did you even send a DMCA?

Jap....3 times....but nothing. I guess that if the Host sits in regions outside US or Europe they don't seem to care about those things very much ;)

And sadly i'm talking of a 1-1 copy of my site...not just a image or something.

I too have sent the host a take down notice twice, but nothing happens..

• Moderators

Like mentiont in post befof this and like kyle is stating its verry difficould to do something about teft like mentioning it here on the forum and banning the person is a start but it wont get the teft offline.

as manny now are thinking why i let taylor still on the forum its easy all the teft shown in the last few days was from the past and not now he also took it off or put his site in maint mode he currently is on his verry verry last strike anny mistake from his part or even from customers on his hosting will result in a lifetime ban thus if annybody has proof of current stealing let me know.

i hope this is the last time these things stop here on the forum same for the public bashing or even the PM bashing or i think its time to set up some rules to get this sorted out

to be honnest @ this point i don't pull on the job off admin anymore as its not fun annymore

• Like 1

Gentlemen,

Being a moderator is like being a babysitter. Of course I will show my age by saying that one warning is enough and then take action.

I just want to say that the authorities get involved more than you think over small things.

Just my two cents worth..............................