Actual AIRAC

mseiwald

hey guys,

what is the easiest way to update my navdata table with the latest AIRAC? As we are updating our routes regulary we also would need the actual airac cycle database to show the routes correctly? I don`t mind paying for it because i know that it costs money getting the AIRAC`s ;) so would be great to get some help here.

kind regards

Manuel

EDIT:

secondly...is there a way to display the waypoints in the pilot briefing like

post-2351-0-68098900-1344108550_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

The first one is what I'm wondering how.

The Second Part, Your lucky Day/Night, I'll share mine. ;)

<?php
if($pirep->route != '')
{
?>
<h3>Flight Route</h3>
<?php
$params->deplat = $schedule->deplat;
$params->deplng = $schedule->deplng;
$params->route = $schedule->route;
$routedata = NavData::parseRoute($params);
?>
<table>
<thead>
<tr>
<th>Flight Route Data</th>
</tr>
</thead>
</table>
<div align="center"><a href="#" onclick="$('#routedata').toggle(); return false;">View Route Data</a></div>
<div id="routedata" style="display: none;">
<table>
<thead>
<tr>
<th>Name</th>
<th>Title</th>
<th>Airway</th>
<th>Airway Type</th>
<th>Frequency</th>
<th>Type</th>
<th>Latitude</th>
<th>Longitude</th>
</tr>
</thead>
<tbody>
<?php
$rowclass = 0;
foreach($routedata as $routeline) {
?>
<tr class="row<?php echo $rowclass ?>">
<td align="center"><?php echo $routeline->name;?></td>
<td align="center"><?php echo $routeline->title;?></td>
<td align="center"><?php echo $routeline->airway;?></td>
<td align="center"><?php echo $routeline->airway_type;?></td>
<td align="center"><?php echo $routeline->freq;?></td>
<td align="center"><?php echo $routeline->type;?></td>
<td align="center"><?php echo $routeline->lat;?></td>
<td align="center"><?php echo $routeline->lng;?></td>
</tr>
<?php
}
?>
</tbody>
</table>
</div>
</div>
<?php
}
?>

Am I really the only one who tries to use actual AIRAC`s and is looking for a nicer route display on the maps? The navdata coming with phpVMS is way outdated and has many errors. I think that is really something we have to look into.

I think displays like that example below will not impress my website visitors very much.

post-2351-0-08353900-1344220463_thumb.jpg

I would do it myself if someone could tell me where i can get the data in the correct format. I really don`t know how to approach a update of my navdata. I`m ready to pay any amount for getting that fixed. So please if anyone has ideas reply to that thread or PM me.

Edit:

I already tried to update it manually with actual AIRAC data and that worked so far but it didn`t show the waypoints on the airway. Only the Waypoints added in the FPLN directly,... but not the points on the airway between them. I had the airways and the sequence in the database....so something was wrong with that approach.

That is the excat same rout as above but on vataware....

post-2351-0-14158000-1344221698_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Am I really the only one who tries to use actual AIRAC`s and is looking for a nicer route display on the maps? The navdata coming with phpVMS is way outdated and has many errors. I think that is really something we have to look into.

I think displays like that example below will not impress my website visitors very much.

post-2351-0-08353900-1344220463_thumb.jpg

I would do it myself if someone could tell me where i can get the data in the correct format. I really don`t know how to approach a update of my navdata. I`m ready to pay any amount for getting that fixed. So please if anyone has ideas reply to that thread or PM me.

Edit:

I already tried to update it manually with actual AIRAC data and that worked so far but it didn`t show the waypoints on the airway. Only the Waypoints added in the FPLN directly,... but not the points on the airway between them. I had the airways and the sequence in the database....so something was wrong with that approach.

Your not the only one. I had that for a long time, but I have been looking for a way of getting our NavData updated aswell.

• Moderators

Yeah i have downloaded that aswell but to be honest i really don't get the Description how to use it. Way too complicated. Did you have success with that?

I'm working on it. ;) I'll let you know how it comes out.

hehe great thanks....

I started on that and made an account at the FAA site linked there. But how would i get the subscribtion? You have to request permission to access that data I think and what should you enter there why you need it or whatever hehe

I also downloaded that x-plane 9 stuff and copied it into that folder but here I`m stuck now haha

• Moderators

hehe great thanks....

I started on that and made an account at the FAA site linked there. But how would i get the subscribtion? You have to request permission to access that data I think and what should you enter there why you need it or whatever hehe

I also downloaded that x-plane 9 stuff and copied it into that folder but here I`m stuck now haha

I made some modifications to the xplane script, so it would update the whole navdata. Hopefully it will work.

I'm still trying to Update the table in Excel. I have all the Data...fix name, fix type, sequence, airway type, lat, long and frequency.... but it only shows me the waypoints i enter in the flightplan...all of them at the correct Position but it fails to Show the fixes along the airway. I hope someone finds a Way to update the navdata and is willing to share how to do it.

woooow how do you do that? lol i wouldn`t able to manually correct all the errors for several fixes on over 1000 routes. I`m really wondering why nobody is able to tell us how to update the AIRAC cycle. Is it really that difficult to update a database table? I mean...for me it is as I`m not very good in sql and that stuff but isn`t anybody out there who knows how to update this?

Why not just make a simple little program in flash that converts it to the format you need. It's not hard to make the program, you just need to extract the name, lat and lon which is extremely easy. I'm just not familliar on the file format that can be loaded in the database, i've loaded stuff into it before but I've neve looked at the format. I have some things I'm working on now but I might look into it later.

For the waypoints we could do exactly what I posted above, but I hadn't thought of the airways. Why not make a separate table for the airways in mysql and have a name (of the airway) column and a column with the list of waypoints on that airway. Then make it so it takes the route, searches for airways in the route, if it finds any then it will remove it from the string and put all of the waypoints in its place that fall between the two fixes before and after the airway. Then you will be left with just the waypoints (store in a variable separate from the route) and then use the table with the lat/lon to display those on the map. I will take a stab at the airways thing in the next few days and let you guys know the results

• Administrators

I have a working script to parse all the xPlane data files into sql databases and then consolidate them into the phpvms data structure. My problem is trying to find the listing for the airway vs nav point sequences. The way I have it parsing right now to display an intended or suggested flight plan takes the script a while as I have to compare all the waypoints on the airway to each other in order to grab the next one in order. There is a sequence column in one of the xplane data files but it does not seem to line up with what they should be.

BTW - I tried applying for access to the FAA data but was denied. You must supply some documentation for what you are going to do with it and why it is required.

Yeah i had applied there too but was also rejected. Dave your approach sounds promising. What about a script that checks the waypoints on the airways only once and populates the sequence column with the results? Don't know if thats possible or makes sense but it was an idea hehe