My New Project - VA Internet Radio

BaRBeR

Is this a good idea?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think my va internet radio is a good idea? And I should create it?

• Yes
    • No

Of course :D It is hard work though indeed, I ran my own online radio station for 3 years and we had to find DJs and all what not, get licenses to play the music in public etc. It was a headache but good fun.

Out of interest, was the licence expensive or reasonably priced? :ph34r:

Based on your age I'd guess you weren't operating legally... unless your parents are super rich.

I looked into licensing for internet radio a few years back, you needed a license for the broadcasting software and then licenses from each of the publishers of the music you're playing - it gets expensive real fast.

I had a small webradio a few years back. It actually wasn't so expensive. At least here in Austria you don't have to pay to every company for the licenses but there is 1 organisation controlling the licensing for all the big companies. The price depends on how much listeners you have. At least that's how it works in austria ;)

• 5 weeks later...

hahah i was just thinking about this idea not so long ago....the thing with skyblue radio...they have ottomix which is there radio robot....no DJs just a playback list....with djs you will actually be interacting with people which was what i wanted to create....i would be more than interested in this project....also would love to be a DJ!! PM me with any details you have or progress in the works!!