Pilot Academy Module V2

servetas

• Moderators

Pilot Academy v1.2

A new payware module has been release.

• Material Database with Categories.
  • Practical Exams Request and validation by an examiner.
  • Training Classes with specific lessons.
  • Set up your classes with specific status – Upcoming, Open, Active and Completed.
  • Specific Trainers List for your academy.
  • All these functions can be administrated by the admin panel of your phpvms system.

More information about the module can be found here.

You can also request any customizations for your own virtual airline system or request new features. The demo system can be found here. You can anytime request support for this module by opening a support ticket on our billing system.

For more information, do not hesitate to contact us.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Dear All,

We would like to inform you that a new version of the Pilot Academy module has been released. There have been some important admin changes. We edited all the admin tables and corrected some mistakes on the system. Screenshots can be found here. You will have to download the new files from the simpilotgroup system and replace the old with the new ones. If you are going to update your Pilot Academy do not run the AcademyInstallSql. If you have any problem do not hesitate to contact us via Simpilotgroup/Noticeable Hosting Support Center under phpmods phpVMS modules department.

If you have any suggestion, feel free to let us know :).

Kind Regards,

php-mods Team

• 11 months later...
  • Moderators

Pilot Academy v2.0

After, one month of continuous developing, we are happy to announce you the next version of our Pilot Academy module which is v2.0. We have updated the system radically and nothing is the same with the previous versions. The new version allows you to:

• This system is going to help you maintain your training facilities of your virtual airline.
  • You are able to add and manager your VA’s trainers with a basic permissions system which will not allow full access to everything.
  • Create specific training courses which can be requested by your pilots. Also, it is possible to set a minimum rank which has to be gained by a pilot in order to be able to request the exam.
  • Add specific material for each one course with download links.
  • After a pilot’s request, a trainer can assign the course to himself and start communicating with the trainer using a build in communication system (in order to arrange a meeting or anything else) or get his email and get in touch with him by email.
  • The trainer is able to assign theoretical and practical check rides in order to check the trainee’s progress.
  • Theoretical check rides can be taken by the trainee whenever he wants. You can set a time for a theoretical check ride and the number questions which will be given to the trainee (can be set by the Pilot Academy Settings).
  • The theoretical check rides are being evaluated instantly.

This version of the Pilot Academy System meets all the VATSIM standards for an Authorized Training Organization.

If you have any question or any request do not hesitate to get in touch with us.

• Like 1

• Moderators

I would like to inform you that version 2.0 have been released. You can purchase it via

Simpilotgroup.

If you have already installed a previous version of the Pilot Academy module and you want to maintain your data, please contact me via pm or via opening a support ticket on

Simpilotgroup/Noticeable Hosting Support Center under phpmods phpVMS modules department. Otherwise, you may proceed via following the installation steps of the Pilot Academy System v2,0 .

Thank you all for your support.

• Like 1

• Moderators

Pilot Academy v2.1

• Add points function based on simpilot's Pilot Rewards Module.
  • Version check system

The demo system has been also updated and it can be found here. The new version is available by Simpilotgroup. Please let me know if you have any suggestions or requests for the next version of the module.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Pilot Academy V2.3

• Minor design changes on the admin part of the module.

The new version has been updated on the demo system. Also, we decided to reduce the price for this module in order to help you buy it and offer trainings/checkrides to your pilots. The new price is 40$ and it will remain forever (it is not just an offer). Of course, there is NOT ANY difference in the module due to the price reduction. The Pilot Academy module can be purchased via our billing system. More information can be found here.

Thank you all for your great support! If you have any suggestion or request do not hesitate to get in touch with me!

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

With the VATSIM Pilot Training Department system release, we have decided to integrate the Pilot Academy Module for phpVMS with this system. This means that whenever a training gets completed on your phpvms system, it will be auto updated on the VATSIM PTD System. This will be done using the current PTD API service. If you are interested to take part on the development of the new version please let me know.

Requirements

1) You will have to buy the Pilot Academy module developed by php-mods (if you have not bough it yet).

2) You will have to be an Authorized Training Organization on VATSIM Network.

3) You will have to get access to the PTD System.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

The development of the new version has been completed and it is now available. I would like to thank Pan Lalas (VATGOV14, VATSIM VP Pilot Training) who helped us a lot via offering login credentials and the API key to test the system. The new version includes:

Pilot Academy v2.4

• Module is now integrated with VATSIM PTD. You can now assign automatically a specific VATSIM Rating as soon as a training is being completed.
  • If you are not a VATSIM ATO, you can just disable the above system via the settings page.
  • Added the option to disable the version check system on the settings page for the servers which does not support its function.
  • Other minor changes.

• 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...

The module looks like it is out of date from the screen shots and information on their website as the links to VATSIM ATD do not work and the PILOT RATING on VATSIM is no longer what it was. So if the module was built around the previous rating system and tests then it will probably not work and will be a waste of money especially as it needs an API key from VATSIM.  I wanted to buy the module perhaps but with the way it appears on the website I have offered a means to the authors in that they send me a copy for free to test against current VATSIM Pilot material and I would fix it as I go along and send the fixes to them.  Obviously I need to wait for their response as they do not offer refunds on any purchase so for €40 it is not worth the risk buying it only to find it does not work with the current VATSIM training system.  It is a pity but that's how many of the good modules seem to be in that they rarely get updated and the frustration is that just like the non-replying CRAZYCREATIVES they want to sell you fancy looking modules but will not give you a refund if they doo not work.  The best thing is therefore to use PAYPAL as they look after customers who buy digital products and want a refund because the software does not work.