(SOLVED) Adding KLGB - Long Beach, CA airport error and schedule issue

Ghiby

Hey all,

Yes, I am a newbie and I just installed the phpVMS and I love it so far, all thought still learning about how to use it and tweak it for fit my needs.

I have no to very limited coding (php, html, css) experience.

Few issues to bring to your attention:

1. I have a problem adding Long Beach airport KLGB, I cannot add it.

I was able to successfully add other major airports like KSLC, KLAX, KSFO, even smaller ones like KBIL, KONT, KOAK, but somehow it won't recognize and add the Long Beach KLGB airport.

I also have many more airports to add in time, so I wonder will that be a problem with other airports too? Do I need to manually update some database?

Is it a fix for it?

2. Schedule issue

Also a secondary problem i have is that I am unable to see in the pilot center the schedule with available flights so a pilot can bit on them.

It was working just fine at first, because while testing I was able to bid on a flight and execute the flight.

I did the FSPassenger integration and I even succeed to export few flights I made from FSPassengers into my VA website and all looked good, I found the pireps made automatically by FSpassenger.

But, now I cannot see no available flight in the pilot profile so as a result I can't bid and take the next flight on the schedule.

I should also mention if it helps, that there are plenty of schedules to chose from created in the admin area.

So what am I missing here?

Thank you much in advance...

• Moderators

Problem 1:

Some airports are not recognized by the add airport form in admin area, so I'm afraid you're gonna have to add them manually using google earth or some similar tools to get the lat and lon.

Problem 2:

There might be several reasons. The most common one is the days of the week that the schedule might not be set on all week days at the beginning, so check to make sure of that.

The other one is an option in local.config.php in the core folder that hides the schedules which have been bid on and that bid is still on, so check to make sure of that as well. The other reason that I could think of is the schedule_results.tpl in templates subfolder in core folder that there might be some filtering out codes which of course someone had done it. Other than those, there shouldn't be any problems.

Thank you so much parkno for your answer...

1st problem,

I assumed I may need to add some airports - now how do I add them? where?

I know who to find the correct coordinates but I don't know how and where to add them.

2nd problem,

you're very right, I had for some reason - just testing things around - the days of the week unchecked on the admin side - I was kink of thinking that maybe if there are not days checked, a pilot could chose it anytime

but again, you're right, following your instructions I did checked all the days of the week and now the schedules are available to bid on

again, thank you so much

• Moderators

Problem 1:

You're gonna have to add those airports manually using the same form for adding airports in admin area but instead of letting the function do it for you, you need, like I mentioned, a third party software such as Google Earth or some similar software on the web or just google the airport for the information. Then you need the following info:

1. Airport ICAO code : Insert KLGB manually.

2. Airport name: Insert the name of the airport.

3. Country name: Insert the country of your airport.

4. Latitude: this is very important and you need to get that info either from google search or the google earth software.

5. Longitude: The same as #4.

6. Finally the price: You could insert any price for the fuel usage you want, leave it blank will be 0 and results in 0 fuel cost calculation for your flights.

And make it a HUB if you'd like by checking the appropriate check box and hit the "Add Airport" button.

Problem 2:

I'm glad I could help and please make your post as solved if it's solved.

Personal Conversation:

I will answer you in a short while of my decision.

Cheers ;)

Thank you much,

yes, it works, I managed to add my KLGB airport and not only this one... how didn't I think about just adding it using the same form.??.. hehehe....

I was a bit confused because I was somehow under the impression if it cannot be found using the "Look up" function, needs to be manually added someplace else...

all good now, thank you once again