Just subscribed to PREPAR3D, anyone else using it?

stuartpb

I only heard the other week that Lockheed bought the license for FSX ESP, and have released their updated version of FSX, which is called PREPAR3D. Shows how behind the times I am! I've just subscribed to the developer version, and am waiting for the install to finish. Is anyone else using it, and if so what are your thoughts on it? I'll post up once I've had a chance to take a flight with it.

• Like 4

Sorry about not updating sooner, been busy the last week.

I've had a few test flights on the sim, and ended up un-installing it. Performance was worse on P3D than it was with FSX. I ran a flight on P3D and on FSX, with both on the same settings for the visuals and the FPS came in at 2-3 FPS lower for P3D average, and some nasty spike drops too. I never took any screenshots while I was doing so, as I was short on time. I may run some more tests but I'll need a day to do it properly, and I'll need to reinstall P3D too. I was pretty gutted to be honest. Another thing that instantly bugged me is the fact that every time you start P3D, it loads into a flight and there is no front end menu like with FSX. I'll post up again if I decide to give it another go.

My rig specs are as follows:

• CPU: Core i7 920
  • Mobo: Asus P6T
  • RAM: 16GB DDR3-2000
  • GPU: Sapphire HD6870 1GB VRAM
  • Audio: Asus Xonar Essence II
  • 2x 500GB HDDs in RAID 0 + 1x 500GB SSD
  • 750w PSU
  • 2x Custom WC Loops