[Solved] How to import navdata.sql - csv included

mischka

Hello

In my install package I found a file called navdata.sql which seems to contain sql statements that create a table with data about navigation aids.

This is all very well,but the file is so big that none of my text editors can open it: they all crash. Not to mention copying and pasting it to the phpmyadmin and executing it

Is there any way around it? Any tools or maybe this tabledata is available somewhere as a csv file to normally import to phpmyadmin?

grtz

Mischka

Hello all,

for sure your mysql is limited to not import more than X MB.

You can change the value, i think somewhere related with mysql or in php.ini, not sure.

You have another option, i used in past one or two times and worked perfectly, take a look BIGDUMP http://www.ozerov.de/bigdump/ , this is more for very large .sql files like backups.

Hope it helps

• Like 2

Piuzioro, you made my day!

The first assumption, of file limitation, did not apply cause my file limit was 20Mb and the file was 6ish

But bigdump actually worked pretty well, and I now have the data in both my vms databases.

The first I did with bigdump, then I made a csv export and imported that into the other database.

Works like a charm and no need upload or execute scripts.

To save anyone else all this hassle, here's the CSV file: phpvms_navdata.csv Keep in mind this has the column names in it so remove these from the file or set the import to skip the first row.

Thanks again for piuzorio for putting me on to bigdump!