Is anyway to edit the airline funds

Ghiby

Hey all,

I understand any questions should go here, so I have a question that bothers me...

is anyway an admin can edit (add/remove) the funds that the virtual airline has

that is more to simulate more complex financial transactions, for example:

- say the aniline will get a loan of $100 mil. for purchasing new or used planes - can we (manually, or in another way) add this amount of funds to reflect this kind of loan?

- say 2-3 months down the road, the airline will pay back the loan and the interest, say $125 mil. - is anyway we can deduct this amount to reflect this kind of transaction?

now, I know on the payback side, we could include it in the airline expenses as a unique expense "pay back loan" or something similar, but still I would like to know if we can in the end, add or remove some money from the airline account - and if the answer is yes, please tell us how can we do that.

thank you in advance

thank you for your answer...

yes, this is what I was asking for, how and where do you go to the back end to change the values...

to me, it would be important for the financial reports of the airline they will look more realistic overall and we care about that...

yes, I know about that game sim I am already there and in few others too

if you or someone else knows how to do it on the back-end, please point me to the right direction

thank you

other than going in the backend and change the values, I dont know

but who cares, anyway? If you want to play a game of airline financials, I suggest checking on facebook for a game called "airline manager": it simulates exactly these kind of things

The problem with messing with the funds is simple. If you change your financials, if you recalculate anything financial wise, it will reset all the funds. Well, it used to. I am not so sure about the newer version. I am on an older beta version.

aha.. I see.. thank you for your answer... I understand now... I have the latest version, since we just installed not too long ago, but I would assume the financial part is almost the same...

thank you again

Instead of modifying phpvms perhaps you may be able to mesh fspassengers since it WILL merge for PIREPS. That program has a lot more airline management, buy/sell aircraft; maintenance; passengers; ratings etc. Just a thought for you. I have used it with a VA in the past successfully before I knew of phpvsm. Otherwise, aren't the financials in a SQL database? Expenses are.

Instead of modifying phpvms perhaps you may be able to mesh fspassengers since it WILL merge for PIREPS. That program has a lot more airline management, buy/sell aircraft; maintenance; passengers; ratings etc. Just a thought for you. I have used it with a VA in the past successfully before I knew of phpvsm. Otherwise, aren't the financials in a SQL database? Expenses are.

this is a good idea... all though the FSPassengers is a payware and I can't quite push our pilots to purchase it just so they can use it with our virtual organization

I mean I have it and I love it, it's a great product, but I am afraid that if we make it a requirement for our pilots to have it, since it's a payware, some pilots won't agree and will either not join or won't stay with our organization

but it's a good idea... how we would do that? I'm not sure I understand how we would "mesh" it with our organization... can you elaborate a little more on this?

thank you