[Solved] CSS Question

CrashGordon

At least I think it is a css question. I've been working on a skin which started off as crystal and is being built upon little by little so if I need to change things, I have some understanding of what I am doing.

The following topbanner needs to have all the pilot info (and login, if not logged in) to the upper left corner. I'm trying to determine what I must change to accomplish this, but haven't come up with it. If anyone can provide a clue, I'd appreciate it.

tb.gif

Yes, it is based on crystal. In fact, except for the change in the topbanner size, it is almost all crystal. Fortunately, I got to try out one of the add-ons for firefox which lets me see the css that applies to any element. I'm editing it now. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if I hit a brick wall.

Well, it turns out that no matter what I do in styles.css, all I can do is move the element about 20 pixels vertically.

The code is stock crystal except for th topBanner line, which was changed to acommodate the new banner. I can move the element vertically by changing the topLogin's padding-top value, but that is it. Obviously there is a constraint I don't understand. BTW, Layout.tpl is unedited crystal.

#innerwrapper { width: 970px; background: #fff; float: right; }

#topBanner { background: url(images/topbanner.jpg); width: 970px; height: 191px; }

#topLogin { width: 370px; display: inline; float: right; padding-top: 30px; padding-right: 50px; }

I could use a clue as to how to moving it, even if it is only to the lower portion of the banner.