Staff Position - Thomson Virtual

avdesigns

Hello

A new thomson virtual is coming soon with a more modern website and more realistic schedule list. We currently have a stable website and a template however we are looking for a Web services director to improve and maintain the site. The individual would be responsible for overseeing the website. They will develop new systems for our use aswell as keeping current systems up to date and bug free, You will know HTML and some PHP/Javascript. For more information inbox me or add me on skype

tom.png

WIP

jacob.axford

Regards

Jacob

Me too! FlyAero was a bad attempt I will agree. I think it was due to the amount of other virtual alliances but with this we have tried to make it unique to other virtuals and with the development I have arranged lots of time to spend on it before launch so there is no way this project will be abandoned :P We are spending hours ensuring the site is fully up to date with the real airline ensuring we show the routes around one year before operated, fully operational website and a frequently updated thomson IFE. Hopefully it shouldn't interfere with the virtual you offer as your's has many good elements!

Jacob

The virtual airline that Mark runs is massive and has an amazing amount of dedicated pilots and has an amazing group of staff members, as Mark as already said in his post.

That's like saying, why do you need two supermarket chains, why don't they just combine? :P

Jon

So, Jacob, what do you plan to offer what Mark's thomson virtual doesn't have? And what countless other VA's don't have already?

Just another thing: I don't mean to attack you or anything: I wish you best of luck with your VA attempt, and I really liked the flyaero skin you posted. But if I personally were to start another VA, I'd do something that has never been done before, instead of making a VA that already exists.

• Like 1

We aim to develop a learning environment with in this virtual airline whereas I feel other virtuals are aimed at hour building (not aimed at Marks) this is the reason we are one of the few virtual to have an IFE as we think this will encourage pilots to stay at the keys. In addition to this we are tying to make this more of a community than a virtual airline where we hope to great pilot presence on the teamspeak server/forum which will result in the first aim of a learning environment as it will allow pilots to teach one another. We also provide up to date schedules which I don't think the other thomson virtual offers as thomsons current schedule change less than monthly and I don't think they follow this. Also we offer a modern site which has been inspired by the real world counterparts and has many great features. There's lots of things that could be mentioned but im sure we will be very different than Marks version.

Kind Regards

• Moderators

Operationally we will update the schedules when they are fully in force, we also have the Christmas flights and all the adhoc ones for December.

For a size of Thomson and their schedules we don't rush anything we try to get things right with actual flight numbers, callsigns and routes, we collect this data once they are live so were only in reality a couple of weeks behind but we prefer to wait and get things right first time.

We have been running for i believe its the 7th year now so thats something to be proud of, we can demonstrate dedication and technological experience at running a VA, its all about the members at the end of the day and providing a stable platform that they can rely on to be there.

I didn't want to turn this in to a comparison so sorry for that but we are current and always will be. We implement changes as soon as practically possible to reflect the current live operations.