Skinning Beginner

G-NEWC

Hi guys, Have successfully installed phpvms on my web server, but with very limited php experience i am struggling to make use of the instructions, and i am stuggling to find my way around the files to edit, on the server.I basicely, if possible, want to be able to edit the colours to match our Virtual airlines, and put the Recent pireps onto the bottom of the page instead of on the left, as with the original design. Also, i need to add VA information, links and buttons at the top of the page for navigation, and to make it look a little smarter.If anyone is kind enough to take half an hour or so out to give me a hand with the software, it would be greatly appreciated.Kind Regards,James[http://www.link-uk.co.nr]

• Administrators

Hey,Basically, the default "skin" that is used is the "crystal" skin in the /lib/skins folder.Make a copy this folder, and rename is to something, like "vaskin". Then goto the admin panel, then the settings, then change the skin to what you renamed it.Next, go into that folder, and mess with the CSS (styles.css), and the header/footer. Just by modifying that you'll be able to change the colors and the basic layouts.Next, if you want to change how tables, etc are organized, they are in /core/templates. They're named pretty straightforward so you can tell what it is. To change it, copy it from there, and paste it into your /lib/skins/vaskin folder, and then modify it.Hopefully that should help?Lemme know!-Nabeel icon_e_smile.gif(sorry for the late response, was not able to get to a computer for the last few days)

Okay, iv'e made the decision that if i can, i will use my current website template and use the header and widgets from the PhpVMS system, and transplant them onto my current design. I think this is possible, its just i'm not too sure how...Can you shed some light on this please?Cheers.