New Pages

Marmus

My intent is to be able to click on the "File a new PIREP" link....have it take me to a page with only two buttons....."File a FSX Flight" and "File a DCS Flight." Each a link to a different PIREP form.

I utilized David Clarke's great content module tutorial to create two new pages (tutorial: http://david-clark.n...content-module/).

It appears that I used the tutorial correctly...my links are working, but the data stream seems to have been broken somewhere.

Explanation:

New pages are called "pirep_fsx.tpl" and "pirep_dcs.tpl" I created the new module, as directed in the tutorial....but I do not think it is the problem (I could be wrong)

I replaced the data in the default "pirep_new.tpl" (using the skin folder) with this to create the page with just two button links:

<h3>File a Flight Report</h3>
<?php
if(isset($message))
echo '<div id="error">'.$message.'</div>';
?>
</br>
<form>
<INPUT
type="button"
value="File a FSX Report"
onclick="location.href='<?php echo url('/content/pirep_fsx');?>'"
>
</br></br>
<INPUT
type="button"
value="File a DCS Report" onclick="location.href='<?php echo url('/content');?>'"
>
</form>
</br>
</br></br>

The new module "content.php"

<?php

class Content extends CodonModule	 {

function index()	 {

$this->show('pirep_dcs');

}

function pirep_fsx()	 {

$this->show('pirep_fsx');

}

}

I then placed just some test text into the two new created files to make sure the links work. It all worked OK, so I believe that I followed the tutorial correctly. When I click on "File a New PIREP", it send me to my modified page (coded above), I then have two links to choose from...go to "File an FSX report" or "File a DCS Report." I click on each link, and it displays my test text.

I then put real code into the pirep_fsx.tpl file....I placed the original contents of the pirep_new.tpl file. This is just the default manual PIREP form that came with the software. (The pirep_dcs.tpl still has dummy info in it, haven't gotten that far yet.)

My problem, the new pirep_fsx.tpl form (that is just a copy of the original pirep_new.tpl form), does not work. I assume that my new "pass through" page has caused a loss of data/variables/etc.

Any guidance would be appreciated. Thanks

It looks like I should keep the original pirep_new.tpl for my one form (FSX flights) and edit the pirep.php module to include the 2 new pages? (one page for the re-direct selection (FSX or DCS) then one for the 2nd pirep form.)

Is editing the original modules recommended? or should I create a whole new module, using the default as a base file to build off of? (not sure of that will require multiple link changes elsewhere)