FSX fog

nabpp

So taking a break from Dreamweaver and decided to give the VHHX scenery a run for its money while fogged in. i noticed though the fog layer is not what fog should look like, yes i know its a game and there is rex to make it look real but my computer is not the best in world but is somewhat decent but flytampa, JF-757-200 and REX just don't get along very well on my graphics card so with that said can anybody recommend me to a fog add on that would replace the fsx hase if so that would be great.

• Like 5

If your computer isn't that great, you'll struggle to display real-looking fog in FSX with any addon that does a decent job. I have an i7-2600k, 16GB of RAM and a halfway decent videocard and mine slows to a crawl in really dense fog created by the latest REX weather engine.

Having said that, even with all my payware, it wasn't until recently that a lot of little quirks got ironed out when I purchased a registered copy of Pete Downson's FSUIPC. With it, you can grade the haze layer so it looks more realistic (and also likely to use less graphics resources as there is less to display). I don't know if you can do it with the free version, but of course I'd try that first.

http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html

Here is how to set it up (even though the pics are from FS9, the FSUIPC interface remains the same):

http://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?198315-Realistic-horizon-in-FS9-using-the-power-of-FSUIPC