Fuel leftover

nabpp

So after tanking on my last few flights because of fuel prices im beginning to ask myself. Why cant we either buy fuel in bulk or use what was leftover from our flights prior? so lets say you fuel up a full tank in KSAN and pay the live fuel price there to fill the tank and pay one big sum of cash to the airport for the fuel and proceed to all the airports you want with out paying for fuel at each destination Or just buy like 2 million dollars of fuel for a bulk deal. Maybe i have missed a module release or something but if anybody has an idea on how this could be made that would be great. Now i have no knowledge on php coding just basic type html but if i see a large group of people who would want a module like this i might consider development on this or if one of the big shots like simpilot, parkho, vansers, sava and nabeel want to jump in and take this on that would be cool to. But anyways guys just let me know if this would be of interest or even possible.

Zach

Normally an aircraft would take just the necessary fuel to make the trip plus reserves. No way a 747 would, for example, load the full tanks to the brim because the kerosene is a few pence cheaper than on the destination,.. doesn't make economic sense :)

Besides, by doing this you may exceed the max landing weight.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

True but this is more for the smaller type flights Props and regional type flights. And when you fill up your gas tan for your at the pump you don't drain out the gas you don't use. your using what you pay for

That's correct. Real airlines would have some fuel left in their AC tanks cause they're required to have fuel for at least 45 min flight time for emergencies when they land at their destination. :D

True but this is more for the smaller type flights Props and regional type flights. And when you fill up your gas tan for your at the pump you don't drain out the gas you don't use. your using what you pay for

yeah, but the amount of V$ that is charged to the airline is not what you fill into your virtual tanks before departure, it's what your aircraft actually consumes.

Also, unlike in real life, its not a given that an aircraft departs from the same airports as it last landed ... at least at most VA's... so while your idea is nice, I don't think it applies to virtual aviation!