Introduction of a noobie

TheFlyingDutchman

Hi all,

I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself around here, so off we go!

My name is Stefan, and currently I'm doing an IT Management study, and next to that I'm doing my PPL course. I was looking for software that would allow me to manage a virtual airline convienently, but also be able to costumize it to my preferences.

Well, I have to say that PhpVMS looks rather daunting at first, but fortunatly I've got the rest of this week still off so I've got plenty of time on my hands to bite into it.

But I do like to ask if anyone around here has a couple tips for a newcomer like me. I do have experience with basic HTML, but none with PHP. So every tip, every trick and all the advice you guys have: I want it! ^_^

Well, I'm off to do some serious reading here!

Stefan

PS And a Happy New Year! :D

• Like 4

Welcome aboard!

Your best bet would be to check out how everything is connected together, the modules, the views, the controllers.

I wrote a little guide here: http://forum.phpvms....odules-and-mvc/

Also check out the docs for all the skinning information.

Post any questions you have and play fair. :)

Alternatively, if you want to save yourself from the hassle and just have a site that is working and looks like you want it, send me a PM and I'm sure we can make a deal.

• Like 1