Anybody use a Penalty system/aircraft maintenance option?

josh90

Note:Forgive me I posted this in the Paid for services section, before realising it would be probably best suited in here. I'll see if it can be deleted in the other section.

Hello,

Does any body use a penalty system or aircraft maintenance option?

Penalty system

You might be thinking what do I mean? I've seen previous posts about landing rates and docking pilot pay, but is anybody using anything that affects the virtual airline reputation? On previous trackers we've used (which wasn't part of the phpvms system mind) each virtual airline had points and if a pilot makes mistakes on the flights it adjusts their pilot rating figure. Things that affected this are:

- Overspeed in flight

- In-Flight refuelling

- Landing lights on/off at incorrect time

- Overspeed on taxi

- Landing at incorrect airport etc.

I suspect for this to work, it would rely on the tracker (kACARS is what we use) to be able to record such actions, but do you think if these events are recorded by the tracker and recorded in the log, we could implement and adjust the pilot rating to suit? A test/example might be using the landing rate for the time being, as that is currently logged.

Aircraft maintenance option

This relied on using the landing rate figure, the harder the touchdown rate, the more maintenance and cost required to put the aircraft right. Each aircraft started off with 100% and the more landings an aircraft did and how hard it hit would affect the maintenance required. There were different maintenance checks, similar to that in real world A,B,C etc. The longer you left the aircraft to put it in for maintenace, the more it cost to put right and the longer it was out of the fleet.

Thanks & Happy New Year

Josh

• Like 1

• Moderators

I remember I wrote a piece of code for someone to award their pilots (raising their bank) on good landings. I placed it in code snippet section and yes if you can record those data then it would be possible to implement it into phpvms to calculate those and set the pilot's rank. But the question is are you willing to pay for this module since it requires a quiet amount of time to make?

About the aircraft maintenance module, the answer is yes as I have created that for someone on the forum and I'm at final stages of finishing it.:)

Cheers

I remember I wrote a piece of code for someone to award their pilots (raising their bank) on good landings. I placed it in code snippet section and yes if you can record those data then it would be possible to implement it into phpvms to calculate those and set the pilot's rank. But the question is are you willing to pay for this module since it requires a quiet amount of time to make?

About the aircraft maintenance module, the answer is yes as I have created that for someone on the forum and I'm at final stages of finishing it. :)

Cheers

Yes I would be willing to bless your palm with gold :D, if we could discuss what's possible and what's not first. By the sounds of it, the limitation to it, is what events the client tracking software can record and how it records them?

About the aircraft maintenance module, the answer is yes as I have created that for someone on the forum and I'm at final stages of finishing it. :)

Cheers

Ok if you could provide some information how this currently works, or once it's complete how it's going to work that would be great.

Thanks

Josh

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Josh90,

To test the beta version of aircraft maintenance, go to my website at www.parkho.ir/Module Test/Login using the provided info and click on "Try out center - admin" click on "Add Ons" and then hit "Aircraft Manager". This will give you an idea of how it works but I'm still working on the part that when the aircraft goes for maintenance for x amount of time, disable the aircraft and the schedule until x is over and then enable the aircraft and schedule. Right now it all can be done manually but I want this to be done automatically.

GrizzW,

Yes it can be viable add on but certainly not a free one. :)

• Like 2

This is really good. Are you going to set up hooks for cycles as well? I would like to see a big red AOG show up when an aircraft is out for maintenance and/or damage repair? When you talk about payware, can you give me an idea of a ballpark figure as to what you will be charging when you complete this addon?

Kind Regards

Grizz Wallace

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...