FS-Products Announcement - New Site

Guest lorathon

Guest lorathon

New Site

The FS-Products site has been published and is now the main avenue to view all of my products. Please come and take a look around. Let me know if you see any errors or any way to improve the site.

New VA Partners Program

Become a partner with FS-Products. Send in your logo and your URL and we will put your logo in the banner rotation. All we ask is that you link back to us. You can find the FS-Products logo on the home page of our site. If you have purchased a custom system and wish to have a section set up specifically for your VA let us know. We want to help you with your PR needs.

General Info

I have been programming various languages for over 20+ years now. I am 43 and started programming in DOS when I was about 12. Along the way I picked up an electronics background while serving in the USMC from 88-92. Upon leaving the Crops I joined an industrial machine manufacturer. I have been designing industrial machines since then. This includes not only the mechanical design but also the electrical design. These machines have used various PLC's (Programmable Logic Controllers) & HMI's (Human Machine Interface - Touchscreens) to control them. I have been the only one to program these PLC's & HMI's. I have programmed robotics and complete automation systems. I just wanted to give you a bit of my programming experience. I am not a teenager that has decided to become a programmer. I am a programmer. I have no ill will to any of the other programmers on these forum, I just have watched them come and go. Those of you that have been around these forums for awhile now what I mean.

Since joining this forum, close to three years ago, I have provided others with countless advise and help. I was made a moderator not only because of kACARS_Free but also because of the amount of time I spend on the forums. Through thick and thin I have been here and will be here. This is not only a hobby for me but a passion. I enjoy programming not only the ACARS systems but also modules and tweaks. kACARS_free has been used by countless VA's that are still around and some that are long gone.

In closing I hope that you will turn to me with any and all of your needs. If you have an idea let me know and we will figure it out together. I think my reputation will stand on its own.

Ideas Wanted

I am also on the look-out for new ideas for kACARS. Or anything else that sounds interesting. Modules or small applications. If you have an idea let me know. You never know what may come out of it.

I also wanted to wish my competitor "Good Luck". May your hard drive always read and your mouse always track. :D

Guest lorathon

Your website looks great. I am going to send you some suggestions :).

Looking forward to it.

Hi there,

I have always been impressed with your service.

Is your URL still http://www.fs-products.net/

I would like to partner up with you Jeff. will I email you or post here

Regards,

Email them to me and yes that is my URL.

Guest lorathon

Nice Jeff. It looks more professional than the old one. Good luck. ;)

LOL... I know! The last one I just threw together and then got so dang busy that I never had time to make it nice. I figured it was about time to make a change.

nice new site, well done!

One idea for kacars might be that if you have to stop the flight tracking in kacars for whatever reason, before pushback, you can start it again without having to re-load the bid and pop in the flightlevel. I had it a few times that I've had to stop the sim and start it again and having to re-do kacars is "one of those annoyances" at a stage when ur already annoyed cause things dont go as they should.

Also, it'd be great to have a time-out setting for the connection to the FS.. sometimes when my pc gets very busy the kacars times out and when u dont notice (eg on fullscreen) then its a huge problem.

Another thing... right now the flight time is calculated from the moment you start tracking till the moment you arrive. The flight time should rather start from the moment you push back though (block time) like xacars does it, for example.

anyway, apart of it it's a great product.. good luck for the future of kacars!

Guest lorathon

nice new site, well done!

One idea for kacars might be that if you have to stop the flight tracking in kacars for whatever reason, before pushback, you can start it again without having to re-load the bid and pop in the flightlevel. I had it a few times that I've had to stop the sim and start it again and having to re-do kacars is "one of those annoyances" at a stage when ur already annoyed cause things dont go as they should. I am not sure what you mean here. Sorry but I am just not understanding. Like a pause on the recording?

Also, it'd be great to have a time-out setting for the connection to the FS.. sometimes when my pc gets very busy the kacars times out and when u dont notice (eg on fullscreen) then its a huge problem. Next version will have an auto connect disconnect for FSUIPC. This should handle those situations

Another thing... right now the flight time is calculated from the moment you start tracking till the moment you arrive. The flight time should rather start from the moment you push back though (block time) like xacars does it, for example. This is always an option with kACARS custom. Many VA's have this in use right now.

anyway, apart of it it's a great product.. good luck for the future of kacars!

Please remember that kACARS is completely customizable. All you have to do is ask. Some of the items above are good for everyone but others ma not apply. The basic package is just that basic. Anything can be changed (to a point of course). But if you want something specific just ask. And as always, an already purchased system can be changed also.

Thanks for the feedback Mike.

Guest lorathon

I found an error, when I go into the modules page, and click the home button, I get a 404 page not found error.

Please provide the url you are attempting to view. I am not finding any errors.