PHPVMS for other things?

nabpp

if you are asking for permission...i dont see why...if you are asking because you want to use it for something else other than flight simming i dont see why you would choose phpvms...not that phpvms is bad or anything...just its built for flight simming and its financials and management of pilots...what did you have in mind for the use phpvms aside for wat it is intended for!?

magic what is the extracted CMS called? and vanitiy i have tried some other cms's and they where nice but phpvms is a easy to use CMS and has all the feature i need as well as some moduels will come in handy that i dont see offered with drupal wordpress or any other CMS platforms.

vanitiy i have tried some other cms's and they where nice but phpvms is a easy to use CMS and has all the feature i need as well as some moduels will come in handy that i dont see offered with drupal wordpress or any other CMS platforms.

ahh okay well like they say wat ever floats your boat!!! if it works out for you then best wishes with your new project!!

• Administrators

You can use it as a CMS in other places, no problem. But if you want to use the core framework (Codon), I'd actually advise against it - I won't be updating it for PHP 5.4+, and there are a lot deprecated things in use. If you're looking for a framework to hack on, I'd use either CakePHP or CodeIgniter. If I were to start phpVMS today, I'd probably go with Cake.

But if that's not a concern either, go for it :) It's released under the MIT license

• Like 1