Fuel Calculator V_1.1

Parkho

Parkho, I was just playing around with the mod and I realized, that when you enter the NM and FEET, it doesn't change the fuel needed no matter what altitude you choose. So, if you choose 2000 feet or 40000 feet, it will still give you the same fuel needed. :( Or am I missing something?!

• Like 1

Looking at the stored data i dont think the module is supposed to output different fuel amounts for different altitudes.

You would need to store the average fuel flow for each altitude with each aircraft. Or get the exact graphs from the aircraft operating manuals to take the data from.

To actually calculate the correct amount of fuel you would need to consider a lot of stuff like step climbs, different cost indexes,...... and besides that you would also need to get real high altitude wind data.

That would make the module very very complex and i think it would go way beyond what a free module can offer. Even a paid module with all that would be pretty expensive.

I'm using the fuel calculation in our Briefings merely as eye-candy but i have everywhere stated that the pilots need to recalculate the fuel before departure...especially on long range flights and shall not rely on the fuel Data in the Briefing.

Anyway on 99% of our flights the fuel amount calculated in our briefing Matches the fuel i get from Airbus X Fuel Calculator and PFPX pretty good. However on our website we are using a Self written module for fuel calculation.

• Moderators

Okay. I created this module to only give my pilots an estimated fuel required for a trip and that doesn't mean they shouldn't consider their own calculations. About the altitude, I know that has nothing to do with the calculations but It needed to be there, so the user feel confident they had entered the correct amount as their altitude. It's kind of a mental matter that when you use the module you know you've done everything correctly if you know what I mean. :o

Mischka, could you explain where you out that code to show your results, please?! I wasn't quite sure where that would be placed. I was trying it in my fleet_main.tpl file, but clearly I am wrong ;)

sorry, totally missed this till now. I put it in schedulesdata I think.. so you would call it with SchedulesData::CalcFuelFlows()

• 1 month later...

Hi all, this is a great add on but! what is the "Fuel Per Hour In Feet" field? is it just Fuel per hour? what's the "feet" bit all about? if its not just normal fuel per hour then how do I make a calculation for this field? any insight would be great. Also in the first page of the fuel planner I have every single A320 in my fleet showing in the drop down box, how do I reduce that to just one A320? Thanks all.

• Moderators

The field is required to calculate the climbing fuel. About your aircraft, you have multiple A320s with different registration and that's why you'll see more than 1 in the drop box. I'll have to rewrite the code to pull out the aircraft by type only. We'll let you know.

The field is required to calculate the climbing fuel. About your aircraft, you have multiple A320s with different registration and that's why you'll see more than 1 in the drop box. I'll have to rewrite the code to pull out the aircraft by type only. We'll let you know.

Brilliant Many thanks I understand now, Yes please that little mod for the drop down box would be great

• Moderators

Some minor changes have been made. Please download and replace the following files at Github:

Files:

1. FCalculator.class.php in core/common folder.

2. fuelcalculator.tpl in core/templates/fc folder.

3. info.png in lib/images folder.

Change Log:

1. Multiple aircraft types showing in drop down menu is fixed.

2. Info image added explaining things.

3. Fields are now required before the form can be submitted.

Enjoy :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys ....

I had the same problem ... no aircrafts listed at "SET PARAMETERS".

I solved in my way ... and at lest for me ..works !

So ... we have in CORE/COMMON/FSCalculator/FCalculator.class.php :

<?php

class FCalculator extends CodonData

{

public function findaircraft()

{

$sql = "SELECT DISTINCT name FROM".TABLE_PREFIX."aircraft";

return DB::get_results($sql);

}

You must edit /replace the RED line with : $sql = "SELECT * FROM phpvms_aircraft";

And thats all !! Hope to be a solution for all and not only for my ..PC/phpvms sistem

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...