PilotShop - Preview

Sava

Hey guys!

I am excited to share yet another release by me. This time it is the completely custom PilotShop addon, currently still work in progress but to be released soon.

What is currently done is the admin panel part of the addon, complete with the database structure behind it. What is left to be done is the front-end bit, but I am satisfied with what I have now so I am gonna give you guys a teaser.

The addon gives you the possibility of creating shop item categories, and then adding various items to them. Every item has a name, description, image and a price. Once completed, pilots will be able to purchase these items from the front end and have the purchases displayed on their profile. Admins have an option to award a pilot with a shop item as well. The addon will include an update checker (as shown on the preview images) that queries an update server for updates. If an update is found, you are notified. At this time I am considering a possibility for pilots to have an option to sell an item for a price they set and have other pilots get stuff from them. This is a thought at this time so I am asking you if you would be interested in this option?

The module is going to be released as payware, for a yet not decided price, but it will be around the price other complex modules are released for. I still yet haven't decided how I'd sell this, but I'll figure that out by the time I finish the module. Any ideas? When I am going to finish it depends on several factors, but my best guess is sometime next week, depending on RL commitments.

Preview:

post-1963-0-16264300-1359587394_thumb.pngpost-1963-0-89590700-1359587415_thumb.pngpost-1963-0-38674700-1359587418_thumb.pngpost-1963-0-74964400-1359587419_thumb.pngpost-1963-0-89530900-1359587428_thumb.pngpost-1963-0-21477500-1359587435_thumb.pngpost-1963-0-30364800-1359587436_thumb.png

Share your thoughts, ideas and suggestions.

Regards

Sava

• Like 2

Although I'd never use this in my VA, you're onto something truely amazing here B) I love this system, it's definately innovative, and it will be definately worth the money. You'll earn a fair bit on this :P

Why would I never use it for my VA? I know it is an addon adding merely entertainment to utilize the financial system, however from my point of view, the realism of the simulation is faded out of focus to concentrate on arcade-like aspects. To me, it would feel like managing a home and a family in Sims, or driving in Test Drive Unlimited 2 and spending your cash on things that can't be even used. Henceforth, it seems pointless to me, but it's a nice way to make a use of the financial system. Please don't take this in, it's just my personal opinion, and I'm sure this addon will be very successful :)

Some people asked me questions and there seems to be a misunderstanding on what this module will do.

It doesn't have any integration with paypal or anything like that. It allows pilots to purchase 'fake items' like Cars, houses or anything you add for a price that is taken from their vAccounts.

All purchase items will be available on the pages of those pilots or anywhere you want.

I am thinking of creating the possiblitty of also trading and selling items between pilots but that might come as some sort of Advanced version.

Never the less, that is what the base version would cover. There isn't any connection to for example book a special aicraft for your own tour or something like that which some of you asked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Since many people asked I modified the code to allow for items that are not to be delivered immediately to the pilot's profile. The order will be set to pending until a staff member accepts it. This could be useful it the actual item is a special livery, access to certain parts of the site etc. Once you set up what you need (the module has no connection to any of the mentioned things - liveries, access etc.) you then proceed to confirm the order and enter a message that is sent to the pilot.

I also decided that I won't be including the option for pilots to sell items to other pilots and the entire 'market' thing (where people bid, compete for something etc) at this time. It would take a long time to create increasing the cost of the addon etc. It might come as a free upgrade to all the people who buy the first version.

Any other feedback/idea is still welcome for a short bit until I finish the entire code and start testing.

Cheers.

I have added several more features to the addon in the past couple of days and I am pretty much finished on writing new code. What is left to do is tidying up the current code, finishing up a bit of documentation I decided to create and deciding on how to redistribute the addon.

Stay tuned guys. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I didn't have much time to work on it and it's still at the same stage. Only a few bits and pieces and the docs to be done.

Also I still have to figure out how to sell this, as PayPal doesn't allow me to recieve money as I live in Serbia.

Any suggestions?

I didn't have much time to work on it and it's still at the same stage. Only a few bits and pieces and the docs to be done.

Also I still have to figure out how to sell this, as PayPal doesn't allow me to recieve money as I live in Serbia.

Any suggestions?

Apparently Serbia was added to PayPal about 2 weeks ago. Reading through their terms and conditions Serbia appears in their lists of countries for both sending and receiving money. When was the last time you tried to use it? Perhaps worth another try now. :)

That was stated in the press release they made when they started doing bussiness here. Can you give me a link to where you've seen the info you mentioned?

You can do it on PM so we don't clutter the topic.

Edit: Just checked again. It's not available. I'll be using MoneyBookers most likely.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Because some people have asked me for the status of this I though I'd share a bit more info. At first, I thought I lost the code in a file mixup I had a while back, but apparently I found the files backed up on a flash drive, so I have them with me.

I am really busy with other projects at this time, but once I finish that, I'll be happy to get back to work on this....

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...