Shifting already installed phpVMS from one host to another

SkiesTheLimit

Hello phpVMS VA owners,

I have a very important question for all of you regarding my host and phpVMS.

Currently, I wish to backup and move all my database and files to a new host and wish to take phpVMS with me. I know how to upload the SQL database back into phpMyAdmin and such but whenever I try to put the phpvms folder backup into the new host FTP it doesnt work.

It shows unstyled and none of the webpages work.

Thank you,

Chase

• Like 1

I think this is best suited for the support or off topic forum. If the url is the same, changing the base url wont change anything, check that the settings table is populated, and that you have the right password and db name, it maybe different since you put it in the new phpmyadmin on the new server. All that the base url does is tell the browser what url to use, like use www.myva.com, or just myva.com. Changing that wont do much. It is the DB connection and DB you need to check.

Wanna know why you are switching to a new host... Because we filed a copyright claim with 000webhost and talked with their legal department with my family lawyer. If you intend to use our templates and merge them in to PHPvms again, we will do the same thing and once again offer to proceed with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998. After 48 hours, like we said, we contacted a lawyer and got him to send in a claim, we will do it again if we have to. Either get your own website or close down. Copying us to the exact is not allowed. You did not even take the liberty to change the images from our server to your server, or the CSS files as they were all linked to our website.

I hope you understand that this is your final notification, as it seems the Webhoster suspending you wasnt enough.

Kind regards,

Ada Erzurumlu

AAvirtual.net

• Like 1

Please ban this guy (AAV001Heavy)

I am going to show you all, even though his site got shut down, he just made a new account on another host and started operating again. http://aavirtual.web44.net/v2.php

I dont care if you are going to change it or whatever, the fact you copied http://aavirtual.net website is bad enough.

You may not know it Chase but you have caused more problems than you may have though.

• Like 2

Servetas, my reply was not in anyway saying it was ok for stealing, just to use PM not publicly post it. It annoys a lot of people on here that read posts like this, also in reality, it is non of our business what they do with each other. Also you can destroy any chance of a successful lawsuit by publicly posting as you can damage the proceedings if found, the judge can either throw it out as you unfairly influenced the outcome.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hello Chase so after you switched hosting providers like stated you just change the url in the local config right? I just want to confirm. I think I might switch from hosting24.com i kept getting a 508 error then when i bought my VPS and pointed my domain to the VPS i am still having issues and I am really frustrated that not more than 2 pilots can fly without constantly getting 508 resource limit error.